Boat building question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I bet it is some unlucky combination of physics and boat shape. When you get up are you by chance inside a physical prim? That could explain the effect.

You can try the following: replace the root with a silly good old invisible plywood cube you hide under the driver's seat and link the boat to it - you should be relased in front of the cube

Edited by Fionalein
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

I bet it is some unlucky combination of physics and boat shape. When you get up are you by chance inside a physical prim? That could explain the effect.

Thanks for answer! I checked, in the place where I throw out, I can walk freely. can the transport when I get up become a hull? or the wall is too thin ... what if in this place to attach a thicker unseen prim?

Did you use hollow prims to build the boat? It could also be part of the script you are using, intended to give the user a push out of the vehicle upon exit (who likes to stand in the middle of their car ayways?)

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Did you use hollow prims to build the boat? It could also be part of the script you are using, intended to give the user a push out of the vehicle upon exit (who likes to stand in the middle of their car ayways?)

Yes I use a simplified model without windows with a void inside. Maybe you could tell where in the script to look for a moment of ejection overboard?

10 minutes ago, MIVIMEX said:

Yes I use a simplified model without windows with a void inside. Maybe you could tell where in the script to look for a moment of ejection overboard?

Sadly I am only a tinkerer eventually I can find such a thing and remove it but if the script is an open source one (like from the outworldz library) someone else could easily find it if you post it in the LSL section (but first look at the script's license to see if you allowed to make it public)

there is however a simple way to see if it is caused by the hollow prim: copy the boat, unlink the hollow prim and see if it still happens -  if it doesn't occur without the hollow prim consider using some 0.5LI mesh walls instead.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MIVIMEX said:

@Fionalein

I made a simple cubic physics and the problem solved now. Thanks for taking a part!

Thanks for posting the solution, It will help a lot to those with similar problems in the future I hope.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, arton Rotaru said:

I have 2 questions.
Will the boat be set physical when sitting on it?
How did you upload the physics shapes? Tri-based, or decomposed (Analyzed)?

Physics I do separately and at loading I choose "from a file". and at the end switch the "Convex Hull" to "Prim".

Boat will be physical and your friends even can walk on it!

Do not hit the analyse! I used simple physics made from individual cubes (per cube on each side), keeped only the doorways.

Безымянный.png

Edited by MIVIMEX

10 hours ago, MIVIMEX said:

Do not hit the analyse!

If you don't hit the analyze button, the physics mesh will be a so called Triangle-based physics mesh. Tri-based physics will secretly switch to convex hull physics by the physics engine, when the object is set physical. Now when standing up, the server seems to be quite slow in setting it back to prim physics. Hence, if that sroom is one physics shape, the Avatar will be pushed out. To avoid the secret physics type change, the physics mesh needs to be decomposed (Analyze) in the uploader.

• Thanks 3

13 hours ago, arton Rotaru said:

If you don't hit the analyze button, the physics mesh will be a so called Triangle-based physics mesh. Tri-based physics will secretly switch to convex hull physics by the physics engine, when the object is set physical. Now when standing up, the server seems to be quite slow in setting it back to prim physics. Hence, if that sroom is one physics shape, the Avatar will be pushed out. To avoid the secret physics type change, the physics mesh needs to be decomposed (Analyze) in the uploader.

Hello! Thank you very much for the answer! I do not know why, but the physics worked for me without analysis... but this happened only once! Later I tried to change something but I did not succeed. So you really helped !!! Much grateful!

By the way do you really need to apply analysis to all the elements of vehicle?

Edited by MIVIMEX

10 hours ago, MIVIMEX said:

By the way do you really need to apply analysis to all the elements of vehicle?

Only concave shapes, which need to be accurately walkable while the vehicle is physical. Personally I would analyze all elements, though. The only reason why not, would be when the tri-based physics give much lower physics weight, and I have trouble to keep it <=32. But you can always set certain, unimportant pieces to Physics Type None via script, right before you enable the physical status.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.