Viewer for Cellphone Needed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My PC is not working-may be the fan? It's been odd for awhile. So my cellphone is my internet source for now. I know the Android Viewer is sketchy, and my cellphone does not like catznip.  Now what? I don't drive, and it s rainy here.I need something that works..

From what what I understand on the Third Party Viewer Wiki, the one that doesn't work well and charges extra for things that are free on other third party Viewers . I just want something that is. user friendly, not something only a techie can figure out 

Oh, I bet you're talking about LittleSight which does appear to be pretty useless.

Instead, the SL Android app I think most folks think of is the one Lillith mentioned, Lumiya, which doesn't seem to be on the wiki's TPV directory page, so use at your own risk, but it's been around for a while and many of us have it and use it occasionally. There's a modest fee for installing it but no recurring charges. (I'm sure like all apps from the Google Play store, you could get a refund in the first few minutes.) It's a subset of viewer functionality and I don't consider it a substitute for a PC-based viewer at all, but I've found it useful on occasion, and don't know of anything better on a phone or tablet.

Edited by Qie Niangao

3 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

There's a modest fee for installing it but no recurring charges. (I'm sure like all apps from the Google Play store, you could get a refund in the first few minutes.)

If the fee is a barrier to buying the Lumiya app google has a rewards app that will pay you in playstore credit which you can use to buy the app. Of the 3 apps i know of even though Lumiya for what ever reason isn't on the TPV list any more. it's the only Android SL app worth bothering with for the functionality it has

The other Android app you could be referring to is Mobile Grid Client, it's basically a text viewer free download but has a "demo" licence and once that is expired you are expected to pay L$250/month every month you want to use it if you don't want to use it, once a month is over you won't get charged until you want to start using it again

I've said it before and I'll say it again: being on the TPC List/Directory is meaningless. It is a listing of client programs whose developers have self-proclaimed that they'll adhere to Linden Lab's directives for Third Party Clients - among a smattering of other, just as useless/meaningless things.

Another thing that I have said constantly when similar topics come up: We have "mobile" Client programs, including Lumiya. Linden Lab has not put out their own mobile Client because they do not see the need to do so. The absurdly small number of Third Party mobile Clients ought to tell you that - they were correct.

Unless you simply wish to chat with your friends on the go, there's not much need for such a Client. And no, mobile tech has not progressed to the point where anything beyond what Lumiya offers is feasible outside streaming services. Deal with it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.