I can has land?

Charolotte Caxton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi! I just read this:

A 512sqm land allowance - Allowing you to own a 512 sqm plot without paying any monthly tier fee on it.

Does this mean I can own land without paying monthly for it? Does this mean I can just pay a one time price for the land and its mine to use?

Thanks!

11 answers to this question

If you abandon your Linden home you can go to Land search, filter for Mainland only, go buy any of the 512s - Prices at the moment are very cheap, in fact the cheapest ones are less than 500L - Then you own that , no tier fee, for as long as you keep it or stay Premium. If the prices go up you can even make a profit selling it. Yes, you can do anything you want on it.

If you deed your land to your Group you even get a 10% land bonus and you can infact own 560sqm so long as its all deeded. (if my math is right at this time of the morning lol)

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Hi! I just read this:

A 512sqm land allowance
- Allowing you to own a 512 sqm plot without paying any monthly tier fee on it.

Does this mean I can own land without paying monthly for it? Does this mean I can just pay a one time price for the land and its mine to use?

Thanks!

Hi Charolotte!  Yes, the first 512 SQM is free with a premium account.  You can either get a Linden house, with no cost to you, or go to mainland and buy a 512 parcel!  And yes, there is no tier on the first 512.  Hope this helps!

Peace

• Like 1

Deeded just means that you transfer the land to your Group and the owner changes to "Group Owned". You can then give Group members different powers to do various things, like rezz objects, set their home there etc. Or like a lot of people do, just create a group for you and your alt (as it needs at least 2 members) and deed your land to it..

As it is your group and you are god, if you ever want the land back in just your avatars name you sell it to yourself from your group for 0L (specifically naming yourself) never ever ever ever set mainland for sale to "Anyone" for 1L - It will likely get grabbed by a Land bot before you can blink.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Group-owned-land/ta-p/700079

Yes, the bonus only applies to group owned land, so make sure you sell or abandon any bonus land before transferring any back to your avatar because your avatar is only allowed the 512 tier free.

I know it sounds complicated but honestly once you get used to it, it is a simple system. It can be sort of AAH!! when you first start looking in the group info land tab and playing with your contribution level. lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.