Free mesh bodies and heads

Annie Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Oh I think that post of me above can be misunderstood, they don't need another full body alpha they come with one - they would however greatly benefit from a partial one that keeps the system eyes as those would work with the bodies...

Ah yes, that makes sense. I have several versions of both, so I know what you mean. :)

What cracks me up to no end is how they are always "no transfer" when they are so easy to make by even newbies if described the three steps how. LOL

Edited by Alyona Su

• 2 weeks later...

Just grabbed the Valentina for an alt, and it is pretty great, especially for a linden.  The alphas are very nice, better than most bodies, and I was able to fit system mesh on her very quickly and easily (I tested with Carla's clothes).   The only weakness really is the skin, rather bland.  Still she is much better than a default system body and head, and there is a lot of free stuff for her.   Or shop on 50 Linden Fridays, she seems to take Maitreya pretty well.   I used freebie mesh eyes I had.  But there is now an alpha for system eyes.

IMO this is a great first Avi, really easy to set up, just open a Ruth and delete everything in outfit, and mount everything in the new body folder.   It does not come with hair.   I used a 1 Linden Rez hair.

Altamura is really being generous with the free mesh full-body avatars! In addition to the Max and Valentina freebies I had mentioned before, she has also made the Tommy and Emanuelle recent hunt gifts available for free at the front of her store (you do have to join the Altamura group for L$50 to get these, though).

https://ryanschultz.com/2018/08/25/second-life-steals-deals-and-freebies-tommy-and-emanuelle-full-body-mesh-avatars-by-altamura-are-again-available-for-free/

And I just discovered yesterday that Altamura is giving away free full-body mesh versions of the Robert and Jenny avatar bodies at the Freebie Megastore in London City:

https://ryanschultz.com/2018/08/30/second-life-steals-deals-and-freebies-london-city-freebies/

That makes in total three female full-body mesh avatars (Jenny, Valentina, and Emanuelle) and four male full-body mesh avatars (Robert, 2 versions of Max, and Tommy). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Candice LittleBoots said:

Is there any particular mesh clothing designed for other bodies which suits the Altamura body best?

I have found that clothing designed for the Maitreya Lara mesh avatar body fits the Altamura female bodies well, with a minimum of fuss.All the free Altamura bodies come with a complete set of alpha sections on the included HUD, so you can make just about anything fit.

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/1/2018 at 2:50 AM, Candice LittleBoots said:

Is there any particular mesh clothing designed for other bodies which suits the Altamura body best?

Maitreya bras usually work, but hips are quite unique. Some wide skirts fo Maitreya worked... most didn't - on the other hand some XS standard sizing skirts worked too. Feet and arms fit most Slink shoes and gloves.

Edited by Fionalein

2 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

I have pulled together all the info I have on free and inexpensive mesh heads and bodies into one blogpost:

https://ryanschultz.com/2018/09/24/second-life-steals-deals-and-freebies-free-mesh-heads-and-bodies-for-female-second-life-avatars/

Awesome -- bookmarking it since we get many questions here about this very topic.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Can someone try to confirm that the heads at Altamura are again hidable? He had that ability removed from the Robert sometimes during MOH hunt... if females still can do so it would be amazing but I'm not sure they still can.

As far as I am aware, you can remove the heads on all three Altamura's women's mesh avatar bodies (Jenny, Valentina, and Emanuelle). I probably should double-check that you can do that; I do know that I have done it with the Jenny body.

I know that you *cannot* remove the head on two of the three Altamura men's free bodies (Tommy and Max), but I have found that you can remove the head from the Robert body from the Freebie Megastore in London City.

1 hour ago, angeoco said:

Another thought, I could have got it at a fair - were they giving it away at EBento?

Valentina was originally a Valentine's gift at Altamura store, Jenny and Emanuelle were in Women only Hunt, Robert and Tommy in Men only Hunt, Max is a free gift available in two skintones, one at Ajuda Brazil and one at Unihispana. For group members there is also a full bento witch avatar gift body at the Altamura shop.

Early MoH Roberts could remove the head, he switched that later.

Right now there are the following free full body gifts available by Altamura I am aware of:

• Ajuda Brazil: Valentina and Max (one version)
  • Unihispana: Max (other version)
  • London: Jenny and Robert
Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

For me, as newbie, decent body meshes seems to be the hardest parts to find as freebie or gift. If at least it could be obtained in lucky chairs... (I searched A LOT, now I have a list of great lucky chairs and boards :))

I'm kind of in love with Slink bodies, but don't think I'll have one so soon.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2018 at 12:19 PM, Fionalein said:

Valentina was originally a Valentine's gift at Altamura store, Jenny and Emanuelle were in Women only Hunt, Robert and Tommy in Men only Hunt, Max is a free gift available in two skintones, one at Ajuda Brazil and one at Unihispana. For group members there is also a full bento witch avatar gift body at the Altamura shop.

Early MoH Roberts could remove the head, he switched that later.

Right now there are the following free full body gifts available by Altamura I am aware of:

• Ajuda Brazil: Valentina and Max (one version)
  • Unihispana: Max (other version)
  • London: Jenny and Robert

Tommy and Emanuelle are Group Gifts at the mainstore. Emanuelle also has mesh lipsticks available as group gift, and her head is removable at this time.

The dark skin version of Max is at the Brasil sim, and the light skin version is at Unihispana.

On 9/25/2018 at 8:41 AM, Vanity Fair said:

As far as I am aware, you can remove the heads on all three Altamura's women's mesh avatar bodies (Jenny, Valentina, and Emanuelle). I probably should double-check that you can do that; I do know that I have done it with the Jenny body.

I know that you *cannot* remove the head on two of the three Altamura men's free bodies (Tommy and Max), but I have found that you can remove the head from the Robert body from the Freebie Megastore in London City.

As a general rule the free Altamura avis disable removing the heads, but sometimes that gets missed ;)

Edit:

Sorry, I just realised my question isn't entirely related to the forum topic so I've posted my question in another section. Please excuse my oversight and feel free to just ignore! Thanks!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have just tried the free Altamura Valentina mesh found at Ajuda SL Brasil... but it's displaying 3 foot positions on my avi's feet. What do I do select only one foot position? ?

hmm.PNG

Edited by Hollie Leavitt
Correction

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.