Free mesh bodies and heads

Annie Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A friend of mine just joined Second Life and I know somewhere out there are free mesh bodies and heads, I also know there was a post about where to find freebies but for the life of me I can't remember what thread it was in. Can someone point me in the right direction for these freebies? Thanks!

• Like 2

eBody has two feature limited bodies available standard and curvy for L$1 each, Alatmura often get's mentioned as having a free body, a mesh head isn't essential but they do a freebie head too 

https://fabfree.wordpress.com/ will list stuff you can get for free or you can easily find stuff on the marketplace free

• Thanks 1

You could try a trip to the Free Dove, a whole warehouse full of freebies.

Another freebie warehouse is Ajuda SL Brasil, where you can get the free EBodies that Claireschen mentioned - click on the Freebies button on the "Clique para Teletransporte" board. Apparently there was a free Altamura body there for a while, but I don't see it there now.

You can get the Altamura free mesh head at the Altamura shop, but its features are limited.

Edited by angeoco

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

There’s a saying, you get what you pay for! I’m sure free Mesh is worth the L$0 price.

True. I just want her to get a feel for mesh before she invests any large amounts of RL money.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

Not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to pay for a mesh body. 

True, but neither is a mesh body essential for experiencing or enjoying second life. It's frustrating to hear people ask for free things, then later complain about how terrible they are, so "you get what you pay for" is a useful reminder. (Not referring to you there, Annie, just that it often happens.) Though the bodies mentioned aren't terrible at all; just somewhat limited. 

In any case, as an intro to mesh bodies or for those who can't, or choose not to, afford other mesh bodies, those already listed are certainly top of the line for the price. For another head suggestion, while it's not free, a lower cost option is Utilizator's Normie. I haven't tried it myself, but I've heard good things, and at $500L, it's fantastically priced.

Edited by Ariel Vuissent
Ah, autocorrect, why?
  • Like 5

I think the altamura Valentina is still available for free.  U could im me for LM.  There is a Lucy body which is mesh is free as well on the midnite board.  She can try to slap on it otherwise 1 linden Lucy body will do the trick.  There are free mesh head like the Genesis group gift and baotam still having it.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, angeoco said:

You could try a trip to the Free Dove, a whole warehouse full of freebies.

Another freebie warehouse is Ajuda SL Brasil, where you can get the free EBodies that Claireschen mentioned - click on the Freebies button on the "Clique para Teletransporte" board. Apparently there was a free Altamura body there for a while, but I don't see it there now.

You can get the Altamura free mesh head at the Altamura shop, but its features are limited.

Kinda confused now - I thought Altmura had a free Valentina body at Ajuda and the 1L Ebodies were at Unhispana help sim (And at the abar shop of course).. both places have a free male Altamura Max (and both versions differ in skin)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

There’s a saying, you get what you pay for! I’m sure free Mesh is worth the L$0 price.

Actually the free mesh body is very nice. It has alphas albeit large ones and there are several makers that are creating perfect fit clothes (and cute) so you don't actually NEED the alphas.  It is of course harder to find clothes than for Lara or the other top brands and the free body has no applier abilities so a close match skin or collar is needed.   The free BENTO altamura head (Gizelle for one) is an excellent head and takes appliers. It is no longer available but likely there will be other great deals in the future as there have been quite a few. There is one free non-bento head in the group gift area (buy for 0). My alts both use that Gizelle head and I even got one just in case :D.   

eBody body (not sure about the free one but seems likely) is getting an upgrade soon. The body is done and it is now at the script person's getting the hud made.  

So happy to say you are completely wrong on this.

There is also a MALE full body at altamura SKIN APPLIER as a L'Homme Magazine group gift (includes Omega - free group). I am not sure if I tried this one before but just got it to see. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Capodorso/237/58/26 The vendor photo looks Vampire-esce. 

5b370f64afa55_tentinginflowers.thumb.jpg.8d6acc93d2a3da28af063ac31d1486a3.jpg

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

The free BENTO altamura head (Gizelle for one) is an excellent head and takes appliers. It is no longer available but likely there will be other great deals in the future as there have been quite a few. There is one free non-bento head in the group gift area (buy for 0). My alts both use that Gizelle head and I even got one just in case :D.

I switched to Giselle as my main mesh head a couple of months ago (profile picture now updated) and I love it. It was a very generous Christmas present from Altamura which is now being sold for full price, and seems a lot better than some other full-price heads that I have demoed.

Edited by angeoco
update my profile picture
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, nikita2004 Ashley said:

Giselle is not free hahaha but Jenny Altamura was free.  Just a while ago they have this altamura du for free in one of the event.  That is free.   I am sure will have some release soon. 

Yes, no longer free. Sorry, wrong verb.   But WAS a free group gift last December and WIDELY publicized so tons of folks have that head.  The Aaron male body (first with optional head, later without that option) was a Teleport.com group gift for a long while at altamura. No longer.

But I think the point people were trying to make is that there are free or nearly free heads and bodies from time to time.  AK has free group gift heads for both gals and guys now and then ($150 group fee unless you find the fee off for a limited time). 

eBody seems to keep two free bodies now all the time.  The HEADS are usually fully functional, the bodies only partly functional. 

There are also other free bodies around (for males mostly) but they typically have no alpha slots and so don't work for most folks unless they spend their time naked :D. 

I think the ak head is really good.  I got my ak kumiko as a group gift and I keep the group.  I have three heads from them.  The kumiko, Maia and the latest male head.  I guess she can try to make some linden first.  I would recommend fishing or picking coins.  That is also part of the SL experience.    Not only for making the linden but also friends.  

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2018 at 4:43 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

I just tried the free Maya head from Altamura just to check it out. While it's not something for "me" because I'm happy with my system look and I only crave the expressions of bento, I can  understand how it might be useful to someone just starting out. It takes years of tweaking to get your perfect look with the system head and like was mentioned, it'll give her practice.

• Thanks 1

Altamura has FREE men's and women's full-body (head and body) avatars as hunt prizes in the Men's Only Hunt and the Women's Only Hunt, but only until August 18th:

https://ryanschultz.com/2018/08/03/second-life-steals-deals-and-freebies-free-male-and-female-mesh-full-body-avatars-from-altamura/

Here's info on how to get the two free Altamura Max male full-body avatars at the Ajuda SL Brasil and UniHispanaCrea freebie stores:

https://ryanschultz.com/2018/05/02/second-life-steals-and-deals-where-to-get-both-versions-of-the-new-free-male-mesh-avatar-head-and-body-by-altamura-plus-the-best-freebie-stores-for-men/

And here's info on how to get the Altamura Valentina freebie full-body avatar for women and the dollarbie eBody mesh avatar bodies for women:

https://ryanschultz.com/2018/05/15/second-life-steals-and-deals-the-four-best-freebie-stores-in-sl/

All the Altamura bodies have a HUD that gives complete alpha control, so you can wear just about anything with them. I have found that most clothing made for Maitreya Lara mesh avatar bodies tends to fit the female Altamura bodies well, and they have Slink-compatible feet in three heights: flat. medium, and high.

Also: there is another free mesh avatar body for women called the Afrodite body by LUCYBODY, here's instructions on how to get it:

https://ryanschultz.com/2018/05/29/second-life-steals-deals-and-freebies-afrodite-female-mesh-body-by-lucybody/

Happy shopping/hunting!

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Like 1

I found both bodies and while I won't be using them I can say that Emmanuel is very pretty, much like Valentina but with darker tanned skin which is nice to see. I wasn't too impressed with the body for guys. AAron is better IMHO.     But both nice gifts and great for those who want to try out a mesh body.    

15 hours ago, Fionalein said:

sadly they all come without eyes and full body alphas ... which is kinda annoying as the female altamuras actually work well with system eyes...

Easy enough to create both of those yourself and for the alpha (created as a new skin) there is a transparent texture in the LL Inventory library; search "transp" in inventory and it should be listed at or near the top in the Library folder.

54 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Easy enough to create both of those yourself and for the alpha (created as a new skin) there is a transparent texture in the LL Inventory library; search "transp" in inventory and it should be listed at or near the top in the Library folder.

Oh I think that post of me above can be misunderstood, they don't need another full body alpha they come with one - they would however greatly benefit from a partial one that keeps the system eyes as those would work with the bodies...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.