Free mesh bodies and heads

Annie Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you missed getting Esephania via the 'SL Frees & Offers' hunt (mentioned by Vanity Fair a few posts up), she is available at the +VERSUS+ event.  There is a central landing point, but Altamura is in the first set of booths. You'll likely need the event Group tag, but it is a free join (there are also a few free gifts for that group at the landing point).  The body/head has the same restrictions as most of the Altamura free fullbodies - i.e. no Omega support, so you can't change the skin.
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Amethyst Cove/147/171/27

image.thumb.png.4a7476ff013fcddef7ab4b439380a437.png

Just now, Vanity Fair said:

The 8th day Advent gift at Altamura is an Omega-compatible, female mesh Bento head called Leila:

Altamura Leila Head 19 Dec 2018

This head is only available until Christmas, and then it’s gone, so hurry down!

https://ryanschultz.com/2018/12/19/second-life-steals-deals-and-freebies-altamura-leila-bento-mesh-head-and-laq-joline-omega-skin/

Note that you must be a group member and the group does cost L$25 to join.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Note that you must be a group member and the group does cost L$25 to join.

Yes, sorry I forgot to mention that! 

Here is what the Altamura Leila head looks like with all the default makeup removed, the free LAQ Joline Omega skin applied, and a dollarbie Omega lipstick by Poema added, with a Maitreya Lara body (LAQ body appliers to match the LAQ skintones are L$300 per tone):

Leila Head 20 Dec 2018

Looking very good!

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Thanks 1

I tried the Altamura Leila head on my alt (she has full version Valentina normally) and  while I could get the applier to work, it didn't have the SAME skin tone on the head as on the body (this was a lovely WOW skin that does work perfectly on Valentina).  So there may be some issues to watch out for.   Seems like the meshes may not quite match - hence different shading on head and body even with the same applier. 

Also note that the original announcement from altamura said that the free heads (one for guys too) were ONLY going to be out on the 24 and 25th so it isn't really clear to me IF this is "the head gift". They may have just changed their minds I guess.     

Meanwhile my gal is all duded up and looks great -- just not with the new head :D.     You may also need to change the shape of your head QUITE a bit for it to look good (most of us have been there before). 

Looking forward to trying out the one for the guys. I have a friend in need *wink*.    

The 10th Advent gift under the Christmas tree turns out to be an Altamura Omega full-body skin applier HUD, in all the Altamura skintones! You have a choice of with brows or browless (so you can apply your own Omega eyebrows):

Leila Head 21 Dec 2018

What this means is that you can now match your Leila Bento mesh head to literally any Altamura body! In the picture above, I am wearing the Leila head with all the default makeup removed, and with the third Baltic Sea skintone applied. I am wearing the head with the free Altamura Jenny mesh body I had picked up at the Women Only Hunt back in 2017 (not the free version you can pick up now at the Freebie Megastore at London City; that version, unfortunately, does not let you remove the head).

Frankly, I was a little surprised that this was not part of the Advent gift on the 8th day. But I now see they are spreading out the gifts over several days. So be sure to drop by and pick up gift #10 to use with your Leila head!

So the altamura free MALE head is now out and looks good ----- but of course there is a but.

It says it is Omega compatible but I cannot get any texture to stick on the head. There is no hud with the head and as I remember you needed the hud on the screen when using the relay.  It says it is Omega Evolved.  Does that mean one needs BOTH the new kind of altamura applier AS WELL AS a skin applier that will work with the head?   At this point I am about ready to give up. Tooo complex. BUT I would like to know --- so you smart applier folks clue me in please.

Edited by Chic Aeon

Not free, but super cheap:  Today's advent from Altamura is a Full Version Full Bento Body / Head at a super reduced price for group members (group cost is L$25).  The female one is Giselle and the male one is Max - each at a reduced price of L$450 (rather than full price of L$4499).  It is a Hunt so you have to find the gifts someone on the sim.

ETA - pics:

temp.thumb.JPG.31c4311870500339bfd73fd950036be7.JPG  temp2.thumb.JPG.79d8fcf0c361a0bdf964417e7abd99ca.JPG

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

I just discovered, while looking for the Altamura hunt prize, that members of TeleportHub.com (join fee is L$10) can get Clodet, another Altamura bento fullbody/head.  That one is like most of the other free full body gifts from Altamura in that it is not Omega compatible - but it makes a super super cheap body/head for an alt or someone new that doesn't want to invest a lot yet.  There is a picture behind the Christmas tree - click that and choose deliver or pay L$1.

temp.thumb.JPG.92ab9bb8d5d5707accf38416ef8de341.JPG

• Thanks 1

Note that I found instructions today in the altamura group notices about the steps to get the free male head to work. It is VERY COMPLEX so no wonder I couldn't get things to work. Didn't try. Just letting people know that you need several (some free some costing) parts to get the head to work with other skins.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Note that I found instructions today in the altamura group notices about the steps to get the free male head to work. It is VERY COMPLEX so no wonder I couldn't get things to work. Didn't try. Just letting people know that you need several (some free some costing) parts to get the head to work with other skins.  

not sure about this - Altamura has this superstrange config where the head needs the relay and the body needs the installer (or was it other way round?) As you only have the head you only need the one intended for the heads...

And yeah you need the altamura omega kit. At least the female head worked easily out of the box without much extra work when I tested it on my alt (who already had the Omega Kit).

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

not sure about this - Altamura has this superstrange config where the head needs the relay and the body needs the installer (or was it other way round?) As you only have the head you only need the one intended for the heads...

And yeah you need the altamura omega kit. At least the female head worked easily out of the box without much extra work when I tested it on my alt (who already had the Omega Kit).

The male head is different than any other altamura I have seen. It says on the poster it takes the NEWEST version of the relay then in the notecard from the group it says any relay . I tried with the relay  that works fine with my alt and Valentina but skin wouldn't take even with the body hud open. There WAS no hud for the head.  Once I started reading all that you needed to make it (maybe) work I lost interest. It is a nice looking head out of the box for someone who can match body to head.     

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Sad 1

I got Giselle for 90% off, my first fullbody :)
And in the day next, Altamura was selling my favorite, Jenny, for 900L (and I had no money at the moment...)

They were super nice and made many flash sales for 80% off, including Mia, Jenny, Max e Robert. Best Christmas gifts and promos I guess.

I was expecting something like this from Maitreya, but this is dream too high =D

• 1 month later...

Altamura is giving away a male and female full body at eBento.  These are full version, meaning fully omega compatible after you get the Omega relay/installer for Altamura.

For men, wear the eBento group tag -- group is free join.  Women need to wear the Altamura group tag - that group costs L$50 to join.

Also note that these bodies are only available until MIDNIGHT SLT TODAY, Feb 14th. However, that the sim is extremely full (77 avs last time I looked) and every time my alt has checked, both of the Altamura vendors have "Booting, just a moment please.." above them.  The vendors are apparently getting slammed pretty hard.  

And Stargazer Creations has shapes for each of the bodies.  They are L$1 if you join their group, which is free to join.

The Altamura booth is on the South side in the middle and Stargazer Creations is South side far west.

On 12/25/2018 at 4:54 AM, Fionalein said:

We've been implementing our new HUD on all the bento bodies, which only requires the user to use the Omega Kit installer once. You can pack it all away after it's installed :)

• Like 1

If you missed the Valentine’s-Day-only Altamura group gifts of the Romeo and Juliet full-body mesh avatars and were cursing your bad luck, well, guess what?? THEY'RE BACK, but only between now and February 27th, 2019!!

These are not the usual sort of freebie Altamura full-body (i..e head and body) mesh avatar which I have often blogged about before, which is limited to one skin tone and where you cannot remove the head. These are fully-featured, fully-adjustable, Omega-compatible mesh bodies, with Bento heads and Bento hands! Romeo comes in 4 skin tones and Juliet comes in 8 skin tones. 

Romeo and Juliet are easily the equivalent of what you would usually spend L$4,899 on at the Altamura store (or L$7,750 if you spring for the standard-issue Maitreya Lara mesh body and a Catwa Bento head, and that’s before you buy skin appliers). All this is yours for just the group join fee of L$50 to join the Altamura Design/Mesh Avatars group, which is less than 1% of the Maitreya/Catwa combination.

Needless to say, THIS IS AN ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING DEAL WHICH YOU SHOULD NOT PASS UP. 

More details here: https://ryanschultz.com/2019/02/22/altamura-romeo-and-juliet-full-body-mesh-avatars-are-again-available-but-only-until-february-27th/

• 3 months later...

Heads up on another great deal for a Bento female mesh head. Cleo is a L$1 group gift from Akeruka, you can join the Akeruka group for L$150 to get it. The offer is only until June 20th, so hurry down. More details here:

https://ryanschultz.com/2019/06/06/second-life-steals-deals-and-freebies-akeruka-cleo-female-bento-mesh-head-only-l151/

Akeruka Cleo Head 6 Jun 2019.jpg

Edited by Vanity Fair

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.