Why do some items not have any creator on SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2126 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

21 minutes ago, Carl Thibodeaux said:

Been noticing it lately.. When i check out objects.. There is no creator found. Just Owner and Last Owner.

Check again. I've found that I often have to click to edit twice and even thrice before the creaotr name shows up. Sometimes I get the TeststringPleaseIgonre, sometimes my own name and sometimes no name at all. It's been that way for over a year now - I can't even remember which viewer update it was introduced with - and yes, it may have become a bit worse recently. But it's still just a minor nuisance.

This issue has been happing for the last few years with OBJECTS.

However, if you check non-objects (scripts, notecards, etc) the Creator always shows. Since *most* things you acquire come in a folder that often includes a notecard or other things besides objects: get info on one of those other things instead. It's almost always the same creator of the objects (or seller, whatever).

20 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Objects with sub components made by others only show the owner of the root prim/part as owner.

@Carl Thibodeaux are you referring to rezzed or inventory objects ? 

In regards to items rezzed. There are places where it won't show a creator at all.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2126 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.