Double purchase by accident by issue fault

Armando Xofan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

21 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Armando Xofan said:

Hi, by accident i bought twice a avatar and a bikini...and i want a refund on the second purchase (2) that it happened by a issue with the MP since not knowning anything that there was a maintenance -.- please refund me, thanks....

You need to put in a SUPPORT TICKET (link in sidebar on many forum pages).   Choose "Marketplace" as the category.  

We can't do a thing about it.  This is a public resident - to - resident forum, so we are all like you -- no Lindens here.  Besides, you didn't buy anything from Linden Lab.  You bought from another resident's shop.  You'll have to contact that merchant about a possible refund.

done and hope that they gonna help me, if not, is just a waste of money....and would be L.L's fault for no warning me about the billing maintenance...

Grid status warns of maintenance.  Granted nobody checks this all the time before every transaction but its the merchant who has your L$ not LL.  Your place to start is with the merchant, or their CSR.  Best of luck

2 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Grid status warns of maintenance.  Granted nobody checks this all the time before every transaction but its the merchant who has your L$ not LL.  Your place to start is with the merchant, or their CSR.  Best of luck

already tried but the merchant is offline since 1 month...

already tried but the merchant is offline since 1 month...

Even if the merchant is around, LL Support may be the best answer. I WILL refund double Marketplace purchases but I won't refund the money LL take out for fees since I didn't receive that.  Hence my support suggestion. Some creators may refund the whole amount, but personally I think that is unfair. 

25 minutes ago, Armando Xofan said:

would be L.L's fault for no warning me about the billing maintenance...

That's not really possible.  When the Grid Status system says "Unscheduled Maintenance", it means that something broke unexpectedly.  It is "unscheduled", so impossible to warn anyone about.  In that specific case, you may actually have a basis for a refund, if you included the full record of your purchase, which would include the timestamp.

Jun 27, 2018
Resolved - This incident has been resolved.
Jun 27, 12:14 PDT
Investigating - We are currently performing unscheduled maintenance on our billing systems. While this maintenance is in progress, our billing services, including LindeX and Marketplace, may not be available. Credit card processing may be affected during this time as well. Please check this blog for updates.
Edited by Rolig Loon

1 minute ago, Armando Xofan said:

sadly, it doesn't mail me when there maintenance :/ if the support ticket will ask me the record of the purchase, i will proudly do that^^

"It" doesn't e-mail anyone.  That would mean 40,000+ e-mails to reach all SL residents.  That's why we have a Grid Status blog. 

The full record of your purchase is on your dashboard at secondlife.com >>> Account >>> Transaction History.  For MP transactions, the information is also in your Marketplace Order History.  Always cut & paste that information whenever you send a request to Linden Lab or to a merchant.  Otherwise, they have no way of telling which transaction you are referring to.

2 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Use My Marketplace/My Order History when getting information about Markeplace purchases.  The general Transaction Log on your Dashboard doesn't list the merchant, but only "Commerce Linden".

yea, i saw the order history^^" and pasted on the support ticket^^

6 hours ago, Armando Xofan said:

sadly, it doesn't mail me when there maintenance :/ 

6 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

"It" doesn't e-mail anyone. 

Actually, it will email you.  Just click on the Subscribe button at the top of the main Grid Status page (https://status.secondlifegrid.net/#) and enter an email address.  I get emails about all maintenance and outage issues.

image.png.5e1a904a1f087ce8d4dbb0d70a25cc9b.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
On 6/27/2018 at 3:48 PM, Chic Aeon said:

Even if the merchant is around, LL Support may be the best answer. I WILL refund double Marketplace purchases but I won't refund the money LL take out for fees since I didn't receive that.  Hence my support suggestion. Some creators may refund the whole amount, but personally I think that is unfair. 

Greetings Chic!

Linden Lab will happily refund the commission that was paid on any order that you refund. 

The merchant MUST refund the full amount to the buyer

After you refund your customer the full amount, submit a Support Ticket under Marketplace and include the MKT Order Number, the item that was sold, the name of the buyer and the copy of the transaction from your own transaction log showing that you refunded the buyer the full amount of the purchased item. 

LL Customer Support will then review the purchase, verify your refund to the buyer, and will refund you the commission that was paid on the sale. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, Dakota Linden said:

Greetings Chic!

Linden Lab will happily refund the commission that was paid on any order that you refund. 

The merchant MUST refund the full amount to the buyer

After you refund your customer the full amount, submit a Support Ticket under Marketplace and include the MKT Order Number, the item that was sold, the name of the buyer and the copy of the transaction from your own transaction log showing that you refunded the buyer the full amount of the purchased item. 

LL Customer Support will then review the purchase, verify your refund to the buyer, and will refund you the commission that was paid on the sale. 

OK. Good to know. In the past THEY have sent in a support ticket and received a refund. That seemed to work too. Only has happened a couple of times, but I will keep that in mind. 

EDIT:  I have to say that while I DO follow rules, this seems a bit harsh since the seller had nothing to do with the issue at hand; sometimes it has been a mistake of the person buying and clicking twice and sometimes the Marketplace was doing a double purchase "event".  Just saying :D.  

Edited by Chic Aeon

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

OK. Good to know. In the past THEY have sent in a support ticket and received a refund. That seemed to work too. Only has happened a couple of times, but I will keep that in mind. 

EDIT:  I have to say that while I DO follow rules, this seems a bit harsh since the seller had nothing to do with the issue at hand; sometimes it has been a mistake of the person buying and clicking twice and sometimes the Marketplace was doing a double purchase "event".  Just saying :D.  

Hello Chic,

My reply was only to address a Merchant who refunds their own customer/buyer, for whatever reason.  If the seller refunds the buyer, LL is happy to refund the seller for the commission that was paid on the order/sale. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.