Sign in to follow this  

Users on line

Question

I will give this a stab.  Currently, on my screen, it reads there are 251 members online and 137 guests.  This is when I click to look at the 'list' of members online.  The 251 number jibes with the number of users X pages.  So, I think that the 'guests' would be akin to lurkers. 

Yes, Honored Residents, make up a large portion of the number of members online.

7 answers to this question

I will give this a stab.  Currently, on my screen, it reads there are 251 members online and 137 guests.  This is when I click to look at the 'list' of members online.  The 251 number jibes with the number of users X pages.  So, I think that the 'guests' would be akin to lurkers. 

Yes, Honored Residents, make up a large portion of the number of members online.

I don`t understand that summary at all, because if you click on View All just below the new members part you get a 13 pages that says:

Showing Members Online: (1 - 19 / 255) (152 Guests Online)

So there are way more than 5 members online.

Hello Storm. When they say there Members, they mean everyone who are loged in here this moment including ALL residents, members, advisors, contributors, helpers and managers. Guests are all the other users who they havent logged in this moment in their accounts but also they are here.

I explain. You are a member here, right? If this moment you sign out, but you continue to open pages, to read forums, the system count you as a guest. Thats the difference bewteen members and guests for the system.

• Like 2

I forgot to say that your query about 4 members and 172 guests is justifiable (i saw that for some seconds) but there is no something else than a server's glitch. The true numbers are those Peewee and Venus reported.

Was definately something weird going on because when i look back there now and then it mostly has the correct high numbers.

I wonder who the 4 or 5 were, there was at least 7 members or higher online on just the first couple of pages when I saw it say 4...Maybe it was counting Lindens :)