Question about Sandbox and Marketplace?

Fanta UwU

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My question is, since people don’t have to buy land, and some people can’t as they don’t have the money, is it okay to make what you want to sell in a sandbox and then upload to marketplace? I understand no selling in sandboxes, which is fine with me, but does this include making items you want to sell in the future and to upload to the market place? Again, no actual marketing and selling items /in/ the sandbox, just making said item. I wanted to ask before uploading textures and making the frame and such, so I don’t do something that is not allowed and then get kicked. Obviously, because that is not preferable.

I have to wait to be five days old, that’s fine, but I have a plan of making art pieces and decorations (paintings). And yes, I understand that it hardly pays and it is difficult, but I am looking to make L$ not US$. I just thought it’d be fun and maybe get a little bit of exposure for when I sell my real life work.

There is also the question of do I absolutely have to pay for L$ with US$ before selling things in the marketplace? I know I need link a paypal account (just one of the options I chose and prefer), but do I have to pay for currency with that account instead of just linking it and start selling?

Edited by Muiregwen

6 minutes ago, Muiregwen said:

My question is, since people don’t have to buy land, and some people can’t as they don’t have the money, is it okay to make what you want to sell in a sandbox and then upload to marketplace? I understand no selling in sandboxes, which is fine with me, but does this include making items you want to sell in the future and to upload to the market place? Again, no actual marketing and selling items /in/ the sandbox, just making said item.

I have to wait to be five days old, that’s fine, but I have a plan of making art pieces and decorations (paintings). And yes, I understand that it hardly pays and it is difficult, but I am looking to make L$ not US$. I just thought it’d be fun and maybe get a little bit of exposure for when I sell my real life work.

There is also the question of do I absolutely have to pay for L$ with US$ before selling things in the marketplace? I know I need link a paypal account (just one of the options I chose and prefer), but do I have to pay for currency with that account instead of just linking it and start selling?

Yes you can use a sandbox to build things in.  Save your stuff frequently as they could be auto-returned at various intervals.

More information on marketplace selling here 

4 minutes ago, Muiregwen said:

is it okay to make what you want to sell in a sandbox and then upload to marketplace?

yes

5 minutes ago, Muiregwen said:

There is also the question of do I absolutely have to pay for L$ with US$ before selling things in the marketplace?

no, but if you ever want to transfer USD to rl you will have to, or won't get a limit at your buy/sell limits.
If your store at MP gets some buyers this could be nice to transfer a bit to rl.

A one time buy of a little bit of L$ will be enough to start your limits go up, no need to buy after your first time.

Okay. Thank you for clarifying those two things. Especially the payment thing, as I had read about it, but it still confused me a little in terms of limits, buying, and transferring. Like I had said, I was only looking for L$ and not US$, so right now, transferring is not an issue.

5 minutes ago, Muiregwen said:

Okay. Thank you for clarifying those two things. Especially the payment thing, as I had read about it, but it still confused me a little in terms of limits, buying, and transferring. Like I had said, I was only looking for L$ and not US$, so right now, transferring is not an issue.

in short about the limits

when you buy the first time, you have a max of 30usd as limit, and none at all to sell L$. This will only get triggered to raise when you at least once buy L$.

No matter when you start, or how long you are in SL, this limit will only start counting the moment you buy for the first time. Also accounts that are here 12 yrs, start at the 30 dollars when it is the first time they buy.

Transfering might be no issue of course, if you really don't want to get some money out. But íf you do... most handy to do it while you don't need it yet, or you'll have to wait till a month after your first buying.  And ... we all know, when you want money to rl, you want it soon, not after waiting a month.

Welcome  to the SL art world.

You absolutely can create items for sale  in a sandbox. I have done  many of mine in a  sandbox, though i do rent a couple stores in world  and often create there. As for selling I have seen many sandboxes with items for sale, so i do not think the no selling rule applies to every sandbox. A word of advice to you if you want to try to sell art, do not rely on people  just randomly finding your art, get out in world, meet people be friendly and tell them about what you are doing, doing this you will find people who want to buy what you have to offer. I would estimate that over 90% of the art I sell  I sell to people who learned about my art after they met me in World. 

@Muiregwen

I don't have anything to add to what the others have said, but I do want to give you a pat on the back for coming up with something that will make a nice hobby for yourself within SL. Plenty of people find hobbies and plenty don't. I like to think that having something like that to do makes SL a much more interesting passtime.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.