Skin Applier not matching with Head

Veigarus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I have a Gianna Mesh Body and Head (Bento Edition) from Signature.

I recently bought a Skin Applier from L'Etre and I love it, but it doesn't apply to the Mesh Head. I've been messing around in the Tint Picker trying to match it, but its not going well.

Neck seam is noticeable as well.

Any advice or solution would be very much appreciated!

Edited by Veigarus

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nikki Heron said:

Would love to know how you corrected as I am so having this same problem..especially the neck seam ?

The best solution for the neck seam showing problem is to wear the same skin on the body and head. So you need to buy same skin applier for the body and for the head.
If the skin is properly made the neck seam will be quite unnoticeable. In some lighting conditions it will show a bit, in some other conditions it's not visible at all from normal viewing distances.

8 hours ago, Nikki Heron said:

Would love to know how you corrected as I am so having this same problem..especially the neck seam ?

I'm not sure how the OP fixed his problem, since L'Etre don't make appliers for the Signature head. I can only assume he found another brand that makes both head and body appliers for Signature, or he managed to tint either head or body to his satisfaction.

However, as Coby said, there are several things you can check to make sure you don't have a seam at your neck.

• Make sure you're using head and body appliers in the same skintone from the same designer.
  • Make sure you haven't tinted either your head or your body. This usually tends to happen when people first get either of those items. They're uncertain about where to go for appliers, and they just want a match, so they try using the tint option on either body or head to get as close a match as they can. Once they have found appliers that they like, they forget that they had previously tinted, and then they wonder why their skins don't match! The best way to clear this is to check your head and body HUDs' tinting tabs and look for a 'reset to white' option, or enter 255,255,255 into any skin-tinting RGB panels that you can find.
  • Move away from the default SL day and night cycle and use a Windlight setting such as Nam's Optimal Skin & Prim, or Alpine Skinlight RGB. Unfortunately, default midday is one of the worst settings for showing seams at the neck where mesh heads and bodies meet. While there are some skins that look near-perfect in default midday those are pretty rare to find. Most people will have a slight seam for one main reason: they're (probably) wearing two different items made by two different creators. There are so many possible permutations of mesh heads and mesh bodies, and creators can only do their best to make a reasonably 'universal' neck.
  • For female avatars, make sure the neck size on both your head and body HUDs match.
  • Make sure you're wearing only one full-body alpha, not an alpha for your head and another alpha for your body. (Sometimes the alpha for a body can fall short of the alpha for the head, and that's where you get a tiny sliver of 'poke-through' from the underlying system body, causing a visible line at the neck.)
  • Try to steer clear of 'neck fixes' and 'neck sheaths'. These can often only make things look worse, leaving a different-coloured band around your neck. Most heads and bodies have options for them, but you usually end up having to tint them (very few designers offer appliers for them). You'll know if you've got one enabled if you cam very close to your neck and can see slight feathering sticking out, angled either up or down.
  • If all else fails, I know that many ladies use a choker to cover the seam.
Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

there are several things you can check to make sure you don't have a seam at your neck.

• Make sure

also, if you visit clubs and stores ( the mentioned store that doesn't have signature applier for heads as example, it was a hell there recently all bright glowing white) have a horror lightning system.. disable local lights there.

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

also, if you visit clubs and stores ( the mentioned store that doesn't have signature applier for heads as example, it was a hell there recently all bright glowing white) have a horror lightning system.. disable local lights there.

Tell me about it. I was there just yesterday to pick up the new male Vista applier they've got out, and I thought I'd accidentally landed at TMP's The Shops for a moment!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.