Sl15b issues

princessrosene

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2126 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

Everyone can access the event... it just is full all the time. Premium is not on a special access list there are just server slots reserved for premium owners (a funny perk LL introduced to help premiums with events with the funny side effect of slowly killing the events).

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, princessrosene said:

Many of us are having problems getting into shopping events. They are constantly full nonstop. Is there a way to include a store's group members into the access list along with premium members? 

It should (hopefully) ease up a bit by mid-week.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, princessrosene said:

Many of us are having problems getting into shopping events. They are constantly full nonstop. Is there a way to include a store's group members into the access list along with premium members? 

That would be pretty impractical since in most cases there are 50 to 100 stores in an event and most stores have groups (some in the tens of thousands). You cannot add ALL those groups and even if you could it wouldn't help much. SOME venues let the group members in early (like Redux) but that is just the REDUX group, not the individual stores. 

If people really want to get in easily and early they can opt for Premium. My premium friends have had no trouble getting in. I have tried a few times just for testing as I don't really need to BE there -- and so far I haven't made it in. Some non-premium folks have but they likely have those auto-dialer huds or whatever.

So be patient or go premium or just keep hitting the teleport button with your finger crossed.  I don't see that any of this will be changing anytime soon. 

Getting into events is tricky. I love having Premium when I try to get in. But, occasionally I still can't get in.

The solutions vary.

Choose when to shop. Peak use in SL is 2-3PM SLT/PT, Minimum use is 2-3AM SLT. So, depending on where you live it can be easier or harder to get in because of the time-of-day-factor.

There are what we call 'dialers' and some viewers have them built in. These are 'devices' that you give a destination and they try to teleport you there until they succeed. They are available in the marketplace. The problem is the load they put on a busy region server. The Lindens realized the problem and made some changes in how the servers handle the request to enter a full region. They are now more efficient in their checking. At the same time, the Lindens also nerfed the dialers. Once they make more than (I forget how many) requests per minute the system rejects their requests for a time, which varies depending on the device's persistence. So, these things can be counterproductive now.

Cam-Shopping ... Some events now have adjacent regions, which the event manager sets as the landing point or advertises as the cam-shopping location. If they are the landing point people arrive there and walk/fly into the main event region. If the main event area is full they are stuck in the staging area. You can then spend your time trying to walk in and bouncing back or cam-in and shop.

Once you are in an event, you'll notice some people just stand around. To beat the lag they cam-shop. It would be more considerate if they stayed outside the region and cam'd in. But, many events are in a single isolated region and that is not possible.

I use a SpaceNavigator. At large events, it makes cam-shopping way nicer than walking through the event.

Others fly through the event never touching the ground. They do this so they can avoid the 'physics' lag incurred by walking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 24-6-2018 at 2:17 AM, princessrosene said:

many blame it on the premiums to lock down entrance when  sim is full...but it could be something like 99 basic residents and only 4 or 5 premiums... who's to blame?...
Often not the premiums or basics cause it, but the sticky visitors, some just park their avi and don't come back untill they are booted by a sim restart, or use it as meetingplace.

And not really blocking entrace.. but would like it so much some would take off their pets and other scripted stuff like music things...

• Moles

Hey guys! We know the shopping regions have been very VERY full. We just added 4 overflow regions to the north of the shopping regions. They are small extensions of the mall where people can teleport to and then cam around to see what is for sale until space opens on the actual shopping regions. Because they are brand new regions they do not show on the world map yet, but they should in the next 24 hours or so. 

Edited by Abnor Mole
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Didn't the Lab want to shut down and kill off that kind of stuff?

The Lindens are amazingly pro-freedom toward users and content creators. They do however place limits in places to allow them to control the system. Sort like US highways. You can go wherever you want. How fast you can go is controlled.

They will not break existing content except in extreme cases. There is no reason to eliminate Teleport-Hammers and put those people out of business. But, there was cause to eliminate the load on already stressed servers. They did that by nerfing the hammers. The result is Alyona's hammer that bangs on the door once every 5 seconds, which in computer terms is slow. 

I can only find 2011 teleport throttle numbers and I doubt they are correct. It was the 2017 (or may be 2016) Fantasy Faire where the hammer problem effect was detected as a problem. So, I am not sure what the current limit is. Those with a hammer can find it by reducing the time between retries until they get an error. Then back the setting off a bit and you have the fastest hammer possible. Once you get the error stop the hammer. Adjust your retry frequency. Wait 2 or 3 minutes for the throttle to relax. If you hit the system again while you are throttled, the penalty time is increased. So, if you rush setting the hammer you can get a cascade of ever lengthening penalty throttling... well to some max. 

There is the matter of whether or not you are considerate of others and what that says about you. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2126 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.