Skill gaming policy

Dreamer Tremmor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2129 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

From the Skill Gaming FAQ:

Can Linden Lab advise me of whether I will need to submit my game for approval through the Skill Gaming Program application process?

• As Linden Lab does not have full access to every game’s operational functions and does not exercise control over such games, we are unable to provide an opinion of whether a specific game would be subject to our Skill Gaming Policy. Each creator and operator of games will need to evaluate whether their game(s) would be subject to, and, upon approval, in compliance with, this policy. To the extent that a resident believes that their game(s) would be subject to and, upon approval, in compliance with our Skill Gaming Policy, such games (and all supporting documentation) will need to be submitted to Linden Lab for evaluation and approval through the Skill Gaming Program application process. For more details, we recommend reviewing the Skill Gaming Policy and Skill Gaming Program Terms and Conditions.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/24/2018 at 6:54 AM, Dreamer Tremmor said:

...a game that requires people to pay entry into. There will be cash prizes and it is would be grid wide.

It is normally considered skill gaming if they need to pay entry to join it and it's random. http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Policy_Regarding_Wagering_in_Second_Life

4dc1b889ef8d5a021802426c5812765c.png.4cfb493af65ebba479853c0f55554804.png

I think Callum means it's gambling if they need to pay to join and it's random!  Skill games, in contrast, rely on skill or knowledge rather than random chance.  Skill games are permitted, albeit with rather stringent restrictions.  Gambling is not permitted at all.

On 6/23/2018 at 2:54 PM, Dreamer Tremmor said:

There is no luck involved purely based on knowledge.

This **should** make it 'Skill gaming' as opposed to gambling and thus with the proper documentation sent to LL you **should** be able to get approval for it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2129 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.