KittyCat lost

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK here's something you can do when you have some time... go to a sandbox and rez a cube, oick it up it will be a box icon, now rez two cubes and selct wboth with STRG + mouse and pick them up, now if you look losely the object in your inventory will have a puzzle of boxes as icon and contain both cubes... that is exactley what happened to your Kitty Cat when your sister sent you both kibble and cat at once.

Oh dear I'm bad at explaining. 9_9

Fionalein is right; it's called a "coalesced object" and happens when two or more unlinked objects get picked up or returned together. Instead of appearing in your inventory as separate objects they appear as one, and the name of only one of them will show.  When you rez the coalesced object, all the included objects will rez together, and they'll be in the same relative positions to each other as they were before.  For this reason, it's always wise to rez them in the middle of a sandbox, them pick them up again one at a time.

I really wish you could right-click a coalesced object in inventory and get a list of the objects it contains...

3 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

I really wish you could right-click a coalesced object in inventory and get a list of the objects it contains...

That could be really handy ... if I were always careful about giving objects names that I can recognize.  Despite my best intentions, I'm likely to open a coalesced object and find a dozen things named "Object" or "Wall" or "Flower".  :S

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

lol 15 years and they haven't started paying attention to those yet

That isn't true. Lots of feature requests make it into the system.

I'm waiting to see if my request for EEP import of existing Windlight settings gets implemented. But, NiranV's request for a pose editor is being implemented.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.