Can I remove card?

Ira993

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, Ira993 said:

Hello, just wanna ask if I take premium membership do I have to stay connected to my card or I can remove it?

yes you can remove it BUT by going premium you agreed to renewing your subscription automaticly. If LL can't bill you, your account will get locked.

Also, when you buy more land than your premium subscription has without tier payment, you will get in trouble within a month, LL will try to take your tierlevel also automaticly... and as in the first line... if they can't... locked, and you will loose your landholding.

btw is't not only locked, but your subscription will keep going till you lower to basic, and while locked you can't change that and your debt will get higher till you paid ( including all months they weren't able to bill you)

In short... it's not wise. As soon you have a recurring fee, you get in trouble.

• Like 1

Ira, you're required to keep a payment method on file when you are a Premium member, so LL can bill you for subscription renewals and for land, if you own enough mainland to pay tier on it.  You can, however, change the payment method...substitute a different credit card, or use a PayPal or Skrill account.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

you're required to keep a payment method on file when you are a Premium member, so LL can bill you for subscription renewals and for land, if you own enough mainland to pay tier on it

You actually can remove your payment method, though you are warned before doing so.  I confirmed that by fully removing my PayPal (and then adding it back since I'll need it).  It gives you this warning:

image.png.7852d053ac20cd297673266b64f92229.png

The warning should be heeded.  I recently found this statement on a wiki page (and I know someone that had this happend to them):
"If you fail billing your account will go into delinquency. If you fail billing for 7 days the account will go on hold. After 30 days your account will be cancelled and your land reclaimed."

40 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You actually can remove your payment method, though you are warned before doing so.  I confirmed that by fully removing my PayPal (and then adding it back since I'll need it).  It gives you this warning:

image.png.7852d053ac20cd297673266b64f92229.png

The warning should be heeded.  I recently found this statement on a wiki page (and I know someone that had this happend to them):
"If you fail billing your account will go into delinquency. If you fail billing for 7 days the account will go on hold. After 30 days your account will be cancelled and your land reclaimed."

Thanks. That was my understanding so good you tested as we know that things change from time to time.

To the OP:

IF you don't spend your stipend and IF you can earn a little money on the Realms or at a small job, you can take those linden dollars and turn them into US dollars in your account. You premium subscription costs (as well as other payments to LL) come FIRST from your US balance and then from your payment method like credit card.  Also, it USED to be that if you did forget to have money in your account for charges and your billing isn't active, The Lab sent an email out and gave you some days grace period (like a week maybe?) to get that taken care of.  Maybe someone who has had this happen lately can verify.

ALSO keep in mind that Premium subscriptions WILL be changing in the future (maybe before the end of the year -- that hasn't been clear likely because LL is still working on things). We don't know what will happen then. You can always take your card info down and then put it back up when you need it for charges --- should security issues be your worry. 

2 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

The Lab sent an email out and gave you some days grace period (like a week maybe?)

i had a alt recently failing with paypal, but i didn't get a email, just a note / warning on the account page. If you dont visit that often you could get in trouble.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i had a alt recently failing with paypal, but i didn't get a email, just a note / warning on the account page. If you dont visit that often you could get in trouble.

That happened to me a couple of months back.   Just the website warning.  Instantly sorted with a click.  Maybe if I hadn't sorted it immediately an email might have followed within a couple of days 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.