Question On Private Region Prices

Shymus Roffo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Friend!

I currently have a private homestead region that is rented through a rental company. We use it for our businesses in the region. We're looking to expand and are wanting to upgrade to a full region. We've been looking to buy a new full region and had a question on the Setup Fee. One thing we were told was that your first month is included in the Setup Fee. We wanted to know if this is true, that way we know to prepare for that as well on our monthly Budgets.

One thing we've been back and forth on; is whether it will be worth it to buy a full region on the forums or through a land salesman, or to buy it off the Second Life website. I know that when buying through a land salesman you have to pay to get it transferred to yourself. Once we transfer and have that region, how much does it cost to have the name changed? If we did that, would it be more worth it than just buying a region from the Second Life Website?

Thank you, Shymus Roffo.

2 hours ago, shymus Roffo said:

One thing we were told was that your first month is included in the Setup Fee. We wanted to know if this is true, that way we know to prepare for that as well on our monthly Budgets.

This is correct. The first month is included in the setup fee.

Be aware that on July  prices will drop:

With the new lower setup fees buying a used region becomes less attractive, so I would say getting a new one from LL is faster and less hassle. If you buy a used one from another resident, a move and rename is free as long as it is done directly in the transfer ticket.

In case you want to get even lower monthly fees by buying a grandfathered region the used market is the only way.

We're not really worried about the monthly fee. It's pretty cheap between us all as there are multiple stores in the single sim. Which is beneficial to us.

As for the pricing, that's why we were interested in buying through Second Life's as compared to buying a private region through the forums. We noticed that people are charging a lot more than what is worth it.

Well, that helps answer a lot of our questions, we appreciate the help.

On 01/07/2018 at 8:42 PM, blueboots1 said:

I am wondering about the new reduced transfer fees-will the transfer fee for a grandfathered sim drop to 349? or will it be staying at 600? Where can I go to find out this information? thank you.

The fee stays the same.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.