How can the bad view of textures be fixed?

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2133 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Textures have been messed up for a time, or rather, the view of textures, sometimes.

Quite a few textures show as multi-coloured jewels.

That land in the moth continent that looks like various types of toxic chemical wasteland even on a good day now looks like this picture.

My graphics card as it happens is better than the optimum specs for SL. I don't always see this, or don't see it everywhere, so something else besides "my computer" is a factor.

So yes, I clear cache, I relog, I change the draw distance, etc. Sometimes I get rid of it for a day. Then it is back. Sometimes rolling restarts get rid of it.

Thoughts?

Bridge Support_001.jpg

Edited by Prokofy Neva

Plenty of things can go wrong in the process of painting the right texture on a surface, but this image and the "multi-colored jewels" description both indicate corrupted texture cache. It should always be the case that clearing the cache at relog corrects the immediate problem, and then it's just a waiting game until it happens again.

I don't encounter it anything like daily, but maybe about monthly on average. It may be coincidental, but FWIW I have a general sense that this arises more often when I'm experiencing network glitches and dropped packets.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2133 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.