Action after standing from a sit to teleport to a location

Kermudgeon Baar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2129 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a script that sits a user a distance away.  When the avatar stand, I would like the Avatar to return to a specific location, but can't find the standing event to trigger the action.

Is there a status or function I  can use to do that?

Here is the flow

• Sit on object
    • move avi to X,Y,X + 20,20,20
  • Stand
    • move avi to X,Y,Z

2 answers to this question

You cannot move avatars except by teleporting, but you can move things that they are sitting on or that are attached to them.  So, once your user stands, you've removed that option, leaving the other two.  There is no standing event.  If you are scripting within an Experience, you can teleport the person when you detect that AGENT_ON_OBJECT is no longer true.  Otherwise, anything you do is going to be rather awkward and unsatisfying.

• Like 1

To accomplish what I think you want, one would likely need to run an Experience. You could then attach a HUD or scripted object. It could do the detection and teleport or move the avatar.

You can poll avatar status to know what the avatar is doing using llGetAgentInfo.

Stand is the default condition of the avatar. So, there is no event for it. Change events are limited to just a few. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2129 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.