Turn off Commercials streaming in new home for premium account

NarayanRaja

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2129 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

Thank you, 

I did try that deleted and added a separate stream (never heard it play), but that didn't solve it. I still hear rain sounds for awhile and then a commercial will play then back to a thunderstorm sound (but it's not raining). Hmmmm  . . . 

Sound can come from several sources.

• Streaming music.  See the "sound" tab of About Land.
  • Streaming media (the sound that accompanies video).  See the "media" tab of About Land.
  • Sound from objects.  Turn on World>Show More>Beacons>Sound.  This will create markers showing objects that have sounds in them.  You can use this to try and find the object emitting a particular sound.  It'll be louder, the closer your camera point of view is to the emitter object.
    • You can also go into World>Parcel Details>Sound and limit sounds and voice to your particular parcel.  This will help keep peace with the neighbors.  Ask them to do the same, if the sound is coming from them or something on their parcel.
  • Someone's Voice channel.  Lots of idiots leave their microphones on, or even deliberately play music over the voice channel.  Turn off voice, or turn the slider for it down, or Mute the offending person.

Thanx Lindal (and all) "You can also go into World>Parcel Details>Sound and limit sounds and voice to your particular parcel.  This will help keep peace with the neighbors.  Ask them to do the same, if the sound is coming from them or something on their parcel." got me thinking in the right direction.

I couldn't find the specific stream in any of the preferences.  So it was random YouTube stream I think coming from another home, maybe? I actually went into Play/pause on the menu bar, selected it, stopped it and turned the volume completely down and that seems to have worked. I couldn't find the specific stream in any of the preferences. 

Both the music and the media stream for your parcel show as URLs in the Sound and the Media tab, respectively.  If you delete the URL that shows in those locations, there will be no stream playing on your land.  If you plug in the URL for a different stream, you'll hear that one (if you click the music note or the movie camera icons on your playbar, that is.) Streams from other parcels won't be heard on your land, but sounds from objects or avatars on other parcels might be.

9 hours ago, NarayanRaja said:

I couldn't find the specific stream in any of the preferences.  So it was random YouTube stream I think coming from another home, maybe? I actually went into Play/pause on the menu bar, selected it, stopped it and turned the volume completely down and that seems to have worked. I couldn't find the specific stream in any of the preferences. 

If' I'm reading this correctly, it seems to be "Media on a Prim" as opposed to parcel media. MoaP can easily leak between parcels and I don't think it's subject to the "limit sounds... to your particular parcel" constraint. Preventing future occurrences, however, should be possible by disabling the preference that allows media to auto-play, as Fionalein suggests, and you've already found how to stop an already-playing stream.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2129 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.