Exporting sculpty to SL .bmp Wings3D error "unsupported mesh size"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4162 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have Googled this issue relating to exporting sculpties to SL (.bmp file). I have ran across many solutions but none  too clear on what exactly to do to to fix this. Most said that you will need the plug-in in order to export  the object to SL. I downloaded the plug-ins from pkpounceworks and the Second Life (.bmp) does show up in the list to chose from for export and I placed the files in the imported_exported folder of Wings3D file on my computer.

I made test bricks scaled them, duplicated the pile of bricks and then "combined" them, went to export > Second life .bmp and got the "unsupported mesh size" error.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated!

In order to be able to export a sculpt it must have one of the following mesh sizes 8x7 / 16x15 / 31x32 / 64x 63. The message you receive is one you get if your sculpt is of a different size. I think you either didn't use one of the initial templates or you added / removed some meshes.

Initial templates are where you downloaded the plug-ins,  they are the *.wings files. Open one of those for a start and do not add or remove any of the meshes.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for replying! I tried to do that, and made a box out of 6 planes since the files don't seem to have a cube (unless I am missing something) and only used Move, Rotate, Scale Axis, Scale Radical, and Combine and it gave me the same error. Any idea what I need to do?

Thanks in advance!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4162 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.