Tattoo

IshtarIrkalla

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm having the same problem trying to apply tattoo's to the maitreya body.
After clicking the tattoo hud if I choose the tattoo layer, it doesn't show on body. But if I choose the clothing layer it shows up.
The same happens with underwear, it doesn't show up if i choose the apply to the underwear layer.
Sometimes the tattoo shows up. Sometimes after I exited and logged in again. But not always.
I've checked the body has all layers visible. Not sure what could be.

19 hours ago, khry5 said:

I'm having the same problem trying to apply tattoo's to the maitreya body.
After clicking the tattoo hud if I choose the tattoo layer, it doesn't show on body. But if I choose the clothing layer it shows up.
The same happens with underwear, it doesn't show up if i choose the apply to the underwear layer.
Sometimes the tattoo shows up. Sometimes after I exited and logged in again. But not always.
I've checked the body has all layers visible. Not sure what could be.

Your problem is likely a blending issue. Tattoo textures use alpha layering in the image file. PNG and TGA files allow us to make clear and semi-transparent parts of the image/texture. Within SL the viewer's render engine uses those as either a mask or a blend. The engine doesn't always make the best choice of which method to use. So, the body HUD's I've used have an option to set the layer tat, underwear, or clothes layer to either mask or blend.

Find that setting and play with setting mask/blend on the various layers until you get the right look.

Unfortunately, textures using semi transparency lose some quality when in masking mode. When layered with other images it isn't as noticeable. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.