Appearance help!

AuroraSunstar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone!

I'm brand new to SL and am currently shopping around to outfit my avatar as best I can. I just wondered if anyone has some good suggestions for Hair, skins etc.

I'm looking specifically for cute/pretty skins, natural makeup, and long beautiful hairstyles. Bonus points if the long hair is braidable by script or something!

I'm also in search of good, unique clothing. Any suggestions are always welcome!

Thanks,

Aurora

Hair... I like ARGACE, Mina, Truth, rezology, Exile... and there are tons more

Clothes... Blueberry, Adaams, [JUSTICE], KC, Layla, Blossoms, United Color, Ricielli, Scandalize,  Just Because, Razor...

Mesh body stuff... Slink, Maytera, GA.EG, Catwa...

Shoes... N-core, BRII, Essenz...

These are the brands I have been buying lately. But, new brands are popping up. To find stuff you like look at the http://iheartsl.com/ site. They are a fashion aggregator. LOTS of stuff fills their blog every day. Fashionista posts and designer posts make it into their pages. Events show up there too.

In each of the stores you visit, look at the events they participate in and check those out. You'll find more brands. Get the What is she wearing? HUD. (list of the HUDs)You can see what people are wearing without bothering them. Also, a lot of people don't remember who made what dress without looking, which is tedious waiting.

Open the marketplace and look. Apparel. You can see who is making LOTS of stuff. I take it as a decent indicator of who is good and selling. They make decent money they stay at it. Also, I look at a sort by RECENT to see who is active now.

Also, check out the two popular threads in this forum for looks people are showing off. They often tell what they are wearing.

and...

There is so MUCH variety here and people tastes... well, that word 'taste' doesn't apply to some people... are wild. It is hard to recommend without knowing what look you are trying for...

For really exotic looks you might start with Flickr. There is a huge SL community there. Find the SL groups and check those out. You'll find the artists/photographers/fashion chicks you like that are doing interesting stuff. Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and other social media have SL fashion communities too.

1 hour ago, AuroraSunstar said:

Bonus points if the long hair is braidable by script or something!

Picking out specifically that part of your request ... there used to be such kind of hair styling on the fly. They probably weren't worth the hassle of time spent on the creation compared to the very little "on air" time when you used it inworld.

You're much better off if you get an open hairstyle and a braided one from the same creator in the same colour. 

Don't be surprised: if a store mentions "Style HUDs", those usually change quite little details of a hairstyle. Like sweeping your ponytail from left to right, changing bangs and such. 

21 hours ago, AuroraSunstar said:

Hello everyone!

I'm looking specifically for cute/pretty skins, natural makeup, and long beautiful hairstyles. Bonus points if the long hair is braidable by script or something!

hi OP. Truth hair is nice (and a favorite of mine) sometimes no match is nice too. Rezology is having a summer sale where all their hair (save for maybe a handful, this might have changed) are only 25L each and have a fatpack of blonde to black plus a color wheel to tint to your heart's content.

Skins, there are LAQ, Pink Fuel, League... Just to name a few. I do not know if LAQ has system avatar skins anymore, but I know Pink Fuel and League do. Just know if you have a Mesh Body or Head these skins will be costly unless you get lucky somewhere.

You can also still get system skins w/ body appliers at 7 Deadly s{K}ins, WoW, Dulce Secrets and Stix.  I know there are a few others, but not coming to mind at the moment.

For 7 Deadly s{K}ins, if you pay the group join fee and then hit the midnight mania boards and lucky boards, you can pick up some of the old fatpacks which often have the appliers included in them - definitely worth the join fee (L$225 right now).

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

1 hour ago, AuroraSunstar said:

What exactly ARE lucky boards and lucky letters and stuff?

Usually you have to belong to a group to sit in a lucky chair or touch the board. They’re a way to get free goodies. There was a thread around here somewhere with a list of the ones we know are current.

Edited by TatianaNikolay

2 hours ago, AuroraSunstar said:

What exactly ARE lucky boards and lucky letters and stuff?

When the letter matches the first letter of your name, you can touch the board or sit in the chair and win a prize.  At most places that have them, they are group only, but there are still some places where they are open to anyone.

Many, many years ago they were extremely popular.  A store would put out a dozen chairs with really nice prizes.  Folks would hang out waiting for their letter to come up.  All those people counted as "traffic" which would make the store bump higher up in search listings.  The traffic stuff doesn't work that way anymore and so the stores don't gain from lucky chairs like they used to.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2018 at 9:53 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

The traffic stuff doesn't work that way anymore and so the stores don't gain from lucky chairs like they used to

If used correctly the stores will rotate out the any vendor boards near the lucky chairs with their better selling items or maybe some of their older stock at "sale" prices.  Also, if you notice there are usually a few gacha machines near by.  All the shiny things to entice you buy a little extra while you wait.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.