Scripts and HUD not responding

maktao

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2106 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

A non-technically-inclined friend of mine is running into a problem whereby certain HUD features, nor any scripted attachments are functioning.

There is no invisible prim covering the HUD, we have tried refreshing attachments. Nothing is helping. The account where these issues are happening has been offline for a few months, and when brought back online, everything attached does not work.

We have figured out that adding new items that were not attached, will allow them to work. But the problem in doing this for everything is, only one version of everything has been modified, and a lot of these items have been modified extensively, so just downright replacing every non-functioning object is unreasonable.

What solutions do we have?

Please do not suggest looking for an invisible prim, teleporting, or relogging. We've tried these already.

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, maktao said:

I'm using the same versions, and it's working fine on my side. It also isn't just huds, it's any scripted object. If it was attached during login, it's broken now.

Yep, that can happen to items worn during a crash.  Only solution is to use a fresh copy of the item, either from inventory or via a redelivery.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, maktao said:

A non-technically-inclined friend of mine is running into a problem whereby certain HUD features, nor any scripted attachments are functioning.

There is no invisible prim covering the HUD, we have tried refreshing attachments. Nothing is helping. The account where these issues are happening has been offline for a few months, and when brought back online, everything attached does not work.

We have figured out that adding new items that were not attached, will allow them to work. But the problem in doing this for everything is, only one version of everything has been modified, and a lot of these items have been modified extensively, so just downright replacing every non-functioning object is unreasonable.

What solutions do we have?

Please do not suggest looking for an invisible prim, teleporting, or relogging. We've tried these already.

Have they tried getting redeliveries of the huds in case there have been updates while they were offline?

3 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Have they tried getting redeliveries of the huds in case there have been updates while they were offline?

I'm using the same versions, and it's working fine on my side. It also isn't just huds, it's any scripted object. If it was attached during login, it's broken now.

I recommend you do what I do...

Whenever you buy *anything* that include *any kind of HUD* - the first thing I do is create a subfolder in there and call it "Backup" (what you call it is up to you) and I move all parts of that outfit/gadget/vehicle/whatever into that backup folder.

Then I'll copy that HUD (and any other relevant parts an paste it into the main folder and use those copies.

I've had HUD go dead on countless occasions. This way I can just chuck the one I was using and grab a new copy (remember: copy/paste) and all is good again!

I'm having this trouble, also.  But I'm having it both with this account, which I'd put in for cancellation couple weeks back, then changed my mind- AND a test account I activated today.  HUDs aren't working, or if they do, they work ONCE then stop.  Anything scripted, yah.  Across two avatars, one of which is brand new.  Across Singularity, Firestorm, Alchemy, SL Official.  Across Linux and Windows10.  On three computers.  I'm freaking stumped.

Edited by Stephaniegrl

Thanks Lindal!  I'll give that a try, although I've been mostly on mainland in a neighborhood where I previously never had problems, and also an adult sandbox.  Anything's worth a try.  I'd think there was something buggered up with this account, 'cept that it's also doing it with a new alt.  I might create a third just to check again against the other two.

Well I be doggone.  It didn't take a thousand meters.  It took barely getting off the ground!  Thank you....!

Apparently the adult sandbox I was using has scripts disabled.  I had no idea.  Also when I got my account sorted out I was still outside my old Linden Home, didn't suspect that I wouldn't be able to run scripts in the common area.  And simply didn't try anywheres else.  Thank you!  I'm older than this av, you'd think I'd been around long enough now to know better, but learn something new every day.  I knew I could disable scripts on my own land, but hadn't a clue someone would do that with a sandbox.  Hugs!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2106 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.