My land was sold out and appears to be gone without my being told. What can I do?

Gunther Vuckovic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have not been 'in world' for quite some time. I learned that the owner of the land I 'rented' sold out when my monthly payment to her was cancelled. The new owner never notified me - or at least not that I was aware of - and now it seems the property I had and the house and stuff on it is gone. Am I just SOL on this with no recourse?

4 answers to this question

Yes, I am afraid that you are SOL on this one.  LL does not intervene in resident-to-resident disputes.  Since you had not been inworld 'for quite some time'. the owner may have thought that you'd left SL.

There is plenty of land out there.  Find another place to call home.

ETA:  Your objects may be in your lost & found folder as a coalesced object (it would look kind of like several objects bound together.  You would have to go to a sandbox to open it, depending upon the number of prims, or on some land where you have rights to rez objects.

Hello Gunther. As you said you were for long time offline. Also your month payment to the owner was cancelled. You didint pay for the land, you lost the land and now it was rented to other tenant if i understood right. When we rent a land really no difference if we use it 24/7 or not at all. We have to pay the tier before our last payment period expires. If you need my opinion she did very well when she got back the land for as much as you didint pay her but she had to pay someone else. About your stuff now, if you had your own stuff there, it was returned to you and you can find it in your Lost and Found folder in your inventory.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.