IshtarIrkalla

Special Offer for New Residents

Okay, so I saw an advertisement for the offer. I even got some information. The offer is that an avatar under 30 days old is supposed to be able to rent a home free until they are 30 days old. My problem is that when I go to a home that the offer is applicable for, I'm asked to pay rent. I don't know how to take advantage of the offer and need help. Could someone please tell me what to do.

9 hours ago, IshtarIrkalla said:

Could someone please tell me what to do.

Right click the rental box or house and select Edit. The edit window will show you the current 'owner', which will be the landlord.  Right click their name and select 'Send IM' - then ask the landlord for clarification about how the free 30 days works.

9 hours ago, IshtarIrkalla said:

Okay, so I saw an advertisement for the offer. I even got some information. The offer is that an avatar under 30 days old is supposed to be able to rent a home free until they are 30 days old. My problem is that when I go to a home that the offer is applicable for, I'm asked to pay rent. I don't know how to take advantage of the offer and need help. Could someone please tell me what to do.

I just wanted to explain that "the offer" is likely a PRIVATE OFFER and not a Linden Lab offer.  At least we haven't heard of an official offer for new folks.

There have been a few free homes listed on this forum fairly recently. This may be something like that. Likely you need to contact the owner as LittleMe advised. Perhaps THEN they will make some adjustments for you and it will be free for awhile.  It seems like they should have put up a sign explaining that since you apparently ARE NEW (not all new avatars are "new" in the sense that they don't know how things work). 

I am guessing that the rental box is for folks wanting to rent who are NOT new.  We ARE just guessing here as we don't have enough info :D. 

The best you can do is ask. Also look in these forums in the land areas and keep watch for free places. Not all are for 30 days or under avatars. Some are just for folks that need a home.

Good luck. 

Edited by Chic Aeon