SciFi Group Using Discrimination Tatics to Kick Users

Nemesis Blackheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2131 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have had contact with a Star Trek Group In SL I Joined and was promised Certain things In World And It was NEVER delivered When I used their forums that said No One will Be Discriminated Against for anything they Posted and Foul Abusive Language would Not be Allowed I Posted a Simple Question as to why it was Dead there No RPs I was attacked by one of their Academy Heads and these Rules meant nothing  When My RL was approached with Sexual advances Form Other users She reported it only to be told They would Always take the side of their Senior Officers in the group and  I had a Similar Encounter and My Case was Not given Due Process as Defined in their group Rules And I was Threatened With them Reporting me to Linden Labs and getting Me banned from SL If I voiced my Issue to anyone outside of their Group, I was Later Banned They Emailed Me on My personal Email to rub it in my face and still when they banned my IP they banned My RL GF So I politely asked them to unlock it so she could play in the group they Unlocked it and this was in my email This AM   " Please do not involve me in your drama, Mr. Blackheart. You'll find that I really do not care. And In all of their defense, they do not kick people out of UFS for no reason. In future, if you have issues, please take it up with them. Have a wonderful day...

BTW: This is forwarded on to the whole team and the Joint Chiefs. Bye"

How Come they are allowed to Get away with this on Users and the Labs Dont have the support Ticketing to report Groups In SL for Discrimination and abuse of the TOS policy?

11 answers to this question

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this is basically a case of "too bad, so sad".  Group owners and land owners can kick out anyone and ban anybody they want and they can even do it for no other reason than they don't like you, the color of your shirt, your name, or maybe they are just having a bad day.  You can complain all you want and LL will not do anything about it.  They are not violating the TOS with their actions, thus doing no wrong in LL eyes.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Nemesis Blackheart said:

Yes this is all true But for them to keep emailing on a personal email with harassment and threats there has to be something that can be done

Sure.  Mute them, delete their e-mails, and walk away.  You'll all get over it soon.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Nemesis Blackheart said:

Yes this is all true But for them to keep emailing on a personal email with harassment and threats there has to be something that can be done

If they have a way of knowing your RL info and thus the threats are truly to your RL self, then report it to your local authorities.  Otherwise, ignore & delete said emails and find something else in SL to focus on.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If they have a way of knowing your RL info and thus the threats are truly to your RL self, then report it to your local authorities.  Otherwise, ignore & delete said emails and find something else in SL to focus on.

true, and right..

but don't forget to tell you must have given your rl info yourself... ánd as quite old user, you could know, even  newusers know it.. it's never wise to give too much rl info.. for sure no contact possibilities. If they know just a little more they could be at your door .... the horror.

Wondering out of curiosity, when this group banned you, did they remove your group tag too?

I don't see any reason off the bat, to be giving up a personal email addy except to LL when you signed up for SL. I'm wondering if perhaps if you still have the tag in your group section, of course any group announcements will be forwarded to you if you allow it. I worked a RP sim at one time and would make a note to remove any tags from members that were booted. On the other hand, I've seen groups ban-hammer some and not remove tags.

If you still have the tag, I suggest you remove yourself from the group and all IM's to you and "the whole team and the Joint Chiefs" :ph34r: will stop.

12 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

How is that even possible?

A simple oversight on the group side.

Say I ban Lilith from my sim for some reason or another, Lilith doesn't automatically get booted from the group. One has to physically go in and delete her from the group too or Lilith would continue to get group announcements and chat requests.

It's a minor thing really. ¬¬

Edited by Jerilynn Lemon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2131 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.