A forced animation script.

DarkEmperor13

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey I recently bought an Ezio Auditore da Firenze outfit. So I was making some anmations and one thing I want to know is can u some how make an avatar go along with an animation by choosing the person or bumping them and how? I want to make it where you can pull off an assassination using the hidden blade like you can in the games.

You'll need 2 scripts. One to animate yourself, and the other to animate the other avatar. You'll need the script to send them a request to animate. Once they grant permission, the scripts will work together to animate both avatars.

If it's something you want to happen instantly, the script would need to be part of an experience that both avatars have joined

however, the other person can wear an object that will animate them, and you wear an object to animate yourself. when you bump into them, both objects will get the collision event and trigger the animation. the key is to have the scripts determine who is bumping into who in order to determine who is the assasin and who is the victim

Edited by Ruthven Willenov

18 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Or, if you are not working in a region where you have an Experience, you can script your object for RLV and then require other players of your game to enable RLV.

Sorry, but no.  RLV doesn't allow you to animate other players.   Typically people engaging in BDSM rp have their subbes wear collars, which contain animations and appropriate scripts.    Since attachments automatically and silently accept all animation requests, the collar-wearer can allow her Master or Mistress to control her collar, which thus gives the Dom(me) to power to animate her without warning.  RLV can be used to lock the collar onto the wearer, of course.   

Marine has a policy of not adding functionality to RLV that already be achieved by standard LSL scripting -- she's said she doesn't want to put scripters out of work, which is very considerate of her.    There's some duplication, of course, as LSL has added functionality over the years that already existed in RLV (force sit, for example) but that's the general rule.

As Ruthven suggests, if the target of the assassination can be persuaded to wear something as part of the RP, then it would be possible to put together a system that animated both the attacker and the victim. with the attacker's weapon sending a message to whatever the victim is wearing to animate him.

• Like 1

It's very easy.  You want to hug someone, so you tell your script to send the other person's HUD a message that says, "Hey, I want to hug you. Ask the person who owns this HUD for permission to animate a HUG."  The other person's HUD receives the message and does llRequestPermissions(llGetOwner(),PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION).  Assuming the the other person's owner gives permission, his HUD animates him.

8 hours ago, DarkEmperor13 said:

Isnt there a script somewhere that does this that I can just download or watever? I hear its called like a hug script

do a web search on keywords: LSL HUG SCRIPT

will return quite a few different sites where you can get one to start with

tl;dr: You cannot force anyone to do anything without their permission, and it's that way on purpose.

Of course, a crafty scripter could find a way to get it to simply guilt people into doing things, maybe... <-<;

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/16/2018 at 9:50 PM, DarkEmperor13 said:

btw anyone know how to get avsitter?

Avsitter is now free and open source. You can download the scripts at GitHub.com/avsitter

the documentation is there or on the sl wiki. Doing a quick search in google will get you there also. 
code violet sells avsitter with all the demos available for you to read and look at but, it’s insanely priced at nearly 3k. Maybe 2500. Still a lot either way you look at it for examples that you can only use as a reference to look at.
I am responding to this pretty late- hopefully you already have it.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.