Bree Giffen

Is everyone in SL pansexual?

Most likely not, at least most, just read any of the "how can I verify I am not accidentaly having intercourse with a she-pixeled guy" treads to see how pansexual the majority of SLers is. But given the fact that you can turn yourself even into a cooking device, there might be some active pansexuals in a whole new meaning of the word around.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Well I have to admit that I had to look up "pansexual".  I guess I could add this to the "what did I learn today thread". 

In fact, I do believe that we area ALL "pansexual"; not necessarily by choice -- but since we have no frame of reference reguarding other people's sex -- it seems like that is a given. :D

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Most likely not, at least most, just read any of the "how can I verify I am not accidentaly having intercourse with a she-pixeled guy" treads to see how pansexual the majority of SLers is. But given the fact that you can turn yourself even into a cooking device, there might be some active pansexuals in a whole new meaning of the word around.

Wait.

Male or female cooking device? Metal or plastic?

Asking for a friend. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

no...Akasha is heterosexual but doesn´t give a damn about both sex and relationships anymore.. She loves her friends even more since she stepped out of the passion and romance game ;)

• Like 3

Only if (like me) they have no concern about the RL gender of their SL romantic attachment.

I deal with people in SL as they choose to present themselves; which seems rational in a word where people can intentionally appear as anything.

Trying to project RL onto SL on the other hand......*that* kinda smacks of irrationality when there are other dating apps people with gender-sensitivity *could* use to avoid triggering any emotional distress in themselves.  They are free to do as they please of course, I just don't consider using SL as a RL dating platform to be advisable.

giphy.gif

Edited by AmandaKeen
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

Since we can turn ourselves into anything inside SL does it mean that if you like anyone in SL you are pansexual?

I don't think so. Yes, we have the ability to switch, but pansexual would mean, that the other person would not care what your current avatar is at the moment, when jumping on those poseballs.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

If I fits, I sits.

fluffy-cat-pan-striped-not-purebred-kitten-kitten-white-background-small-predator-small-33237901.thumb.jpg.86cf1b00c7dd7a983b6d56bcdaf76606.jpg

Callum, you gave me a smile when I was stuck at work on my weekend night-off. Thank you!

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Is this what's going on when the piles of pots in the cupboard get stuck together and don't want to come apart? Should I give them more privacy till they're finished?

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

6 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

"I'm getting hot.  Slide your bread in my slot.  Oh, baby.  I'll show you what buttered toast feels like."

Yum! Bring on the food pron! Anyone know about any sims with piles of baked goods and deep fried delicacies where people wander around wearing aprons and chefs hats chatting about herbs and spices??

On the OT I'm not crazy about the term "pansexual" since it implies I'd have sex with anything. Old toothbrushes? Used office furniture? Definitely not. I like the more elaborate "polymorphously perverse" which gives more room for refusal but still leaves open new possibilities...

Edited by Sagadin
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

"I'm getting hot.  Slide your bread in my slot.  Oh, baby.  I'll show you what buttered toast feels like."

/me gasps.   You said toast.   *swoons*

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Gadget Portal said:

Wait.

Male or female cooking device? Metal or plastic?

Asking for a friend. 

Cast Iron here....   (zipping lips from here out!)

Edited by AviNews
  • Like 2

Hmm, honestly speaking it could be a form of select-pansexuality. Where they disregard the sex/gender of the user because of appearance alone. I have seen homosexual men tell other straight men that they're men in real life and they simply disregard it, but would never do this offline. Other's have a complete panic attack and never log in again.

But there is one thing for certain, second life is surely "out of sight out of mind" concept to sexuality and makes it that much easier to ignore sex/gender.

Edit:

Ahh, I forgot to mention I knew a woman who got virtually turned out and started to date her RL female (Game male) lover and tried to make it work. It obviously didn't last because she was heterosexual trying to date a female.

Edited by Sparetta

I only get aroused by, and am attracted to girls. In SL that means I could just as easy "date" a guy with a girl avie, as long as I dont know its a RL guy. Not that I mind guys playing girls, but it would break the romantic connection. I never ask about RL gender though, love SL for how it allows people to project themselves as they want. It is entirely possibe my current GF would be RL male, I dont know, i dont want to know :)

I did however expand my horizon in SL a bit, I find girls with extra's quite attractive too in SL!

Guys and non human avies just don't do it for me. So I guess not everyone is pan sexual in SL

I'm Omni, quadruple, tri-fluid ambi-sexual and still waiting for everyone else to catch up with the trend! B|

I'm actually heterosexual and I don't like sex with frying pans.

Edited by Kristen Beornssen
  • Like 2