Problem with Armature Binding in Blender

eleek

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1221 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings.

When binding my mesh shorts to the armature, the mesh shorts seem to be deformed around the waist part of the shorts (refer to attached pictures).

However when binding the same mesh shorts to other armature (of another mesh body), this doesn't happen.

Any idea why this would happen? I'm new in Blender so a detailed guide/explanation is much appreciated.

Thanks!

1.PNG

2.PNG

It's a long time that i don't use both Blender and Avastar, so i'm trying just to help troubleshooting.

In your second picture, the left side corner shows checkboxes for weight transfers from specific body parts. So the first thing i may think you could do is to uncheck the body parts that aren't actually involved in the process: hair, head, eyes and skirt.

Aside from this, i seem to remember that i had issues with the "Attach Sliders" feature when calling the Binding. At the time, i think i've solved quite a bit of issues by unchecking the option for "Attach Sliders" at first, and only after the regular binding took place, i enabled this feature. 

But again, it's a long time that i don't touch both softwares and things may have changed consistently in the meantime.

hi;

From the images i suspect you are using Avastar-1 together with the Alter to Restpose feature. However from your rig it does not look like you actually need to use alter to restpose as the rig looks like it is already in restpose ?

Your best option here would probably be to do this:

• Take care the Rig is really in Restpose (ALT-R ALT-G ALT-S)
  • Now bind the mesh either with weights from Meshes or with Weights from Bones (whatever matches best for your purpose)

Then no distortions should appear.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1221 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.