Physics issue

EleanorSt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys,

I have a question about physics models, it's been a few months since I last uploaded a model. The physics model feature used to work for me more or less, but now if I upload a model, it basically completely ignores any physics model, and acts like a phantom piece. Did something change?

My model is an apartment, with a simplified physics model to make the walls collision mesh, when I upload it, the outer walls are collidable...from the outside only. I can walk straight through the walls from the inside, but not get back in. All of the interior walls are completely phantom, not registered at all.

I've never come across an issue like this, honestly I don't even know how to begin to fix it. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Eleanor

ss.png

• 2 weeks later...

I've had this same issue just today. On two separate uploads of the same object, part of it seems to go completely phantom, allowing me to fall through the sidewalk, and the rest holds up. The road segment between the sidewalks has mushy spots as well.

I have no idea why it would be doing this, as I've changed nothing, and it's "spotty", on solid, large faces.

64-bit Linux, so I'm excluded from using the official viewer.

I fixed my issue by linking a prim to the underside of it; no worries about exploding LI, as it dropped the LI to 1 when I did it.

Thank you for trying to help me. I would press the "Like" button, but I dislike the circular, jerking motions it tends to foster on forums. It's appreciated, though.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.