Ran Prunes

When do I stop owning land?

Question

I have a rather silly question, but need an answer soon: 

If I sell the plot of mainland I want to leave, when will I stop owning it?

Straight away, like it happens when you abandon it, or not until it gets sold?

Thank you

4 answers to this question

As soon as the owner's name in About Land for that parcel changes, which should be immediately when it is sold.  Remember, however, that you owe monthly land fees for all land that you owned at any time during the billing period.  That's true even if you only owned the land for one second.  So, if your land fees are due on July 1, for example, it won't make any difference whether you sell today or tomorrow.  You'll still owe land fees for the parcel for the entire month.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

... and don't forget that you have to tier down manually on your Dashboard land page.

Even after selling or abandoning your plot of Mainland, you won't be put in a lower landholding tier step automatically. 

12 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

... and don't forget that you have to tier down manually on your Dashboard land page.

Even after selling or abandoning your plot of Mainland, you won't be put in a lower landholding tier step automatically. 

You don't actually have to change that radio button on the Land Use Fees page.  All that radio button does is dictate when you will get a warning about increasing tier.  You won't be billed for more than you actually use regardless of which level you've ticked.

I've left my radio buttons super high on a few alts for ages now.

• Like 1