TrudyMarie

Prims in linkset shifts

Question

I am working on a house, and when I create linksets, a prim looks like it shifts, I unlink it and it shifts back, is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? The linksets consists of 64m prims so I am using the sl build tools, number of prims within the linksets are approx. 8 prims, however, none of the prims in any of the rooms shift, it's just the balcony. 

Snapshot 1_001.png

Snapshot 1_002.png

9 answers to this question

I think Rolig nailed it.  The build limit is 4096m.  With its center at 4051m, your 64m prim may very well be running up against that limit.

I don't know whether anyone has done an accurate study to find out how high you can go before drift gets as noticeable as you are reporting.  The closer you get to the maximum building height, though, the more you will experience prim drift and other odd phenomena, so it's best not to push it.  It really shouldn't matter whether you live at 4000m or 3500m.  You won't get many visitors up there at either height, but your building will behave better at the lower altitude.  So will teleports and some other features. 

It's a private home, and i am rebuilding it as a surprise for my guy, i would build on ground level but as I mentioned I want the rebuild to be a surprise. I dropped my platform down to 1000m and will see how the prim drift is.

It might be prim drift, but I don't think so.  We did some high altitude building tests a little while back.  When any part of a prim is placed above the max building altitude, 4096m, the prim snaps back to an allowed altitude.

Yeah... 'prim drift' is an over time thing. Not something you see in a day or two much less with a single click.

There are posts here about how to deal with high altitude building and preventing prim drift.

When I build a house at 1000m, some prims will drift if I rez at ground level. I have to ride the house down to avoid that.