how do i find the new avatar i bought with linden $

lindajean

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Download the viewer. Login in advanced mode. At the bottom right you should get an option to accept the avatar you purchased. Open your inventory. Find your avatar in a folder or an Orange box in the objects folder, it may be easier to open recent tab in your inventory. Once you have found your avatar, you can unpack it if it is in a box, it if its already unpacked, right click on it and wear.

You have to be in Advanced mode for this.  Change to Advanced and you can do lots more than in Basic.

In your sidebar, you'll see a tab that's shaped like a suitcase.  This is your Inventory.  When someone (or something) gives you something, it goes there.  Since you are new there won't be much in there.  Look for the name of the item you got - - it should be in a box.

On land that you can put things on (sandbox or your home) rez the avatar (skin I assume) on the ground.  A cube will appear.  Your new skin is inside it.  Right click the cube and select "Move to inventory".  You now have that skin in your inventory, probably in a directory with the skin's name on it.

Look in inventory and find the skin you now own.  To wear it, just drag it out from inventory and onto yourself with the left mouse button.  Tada, you are wearing the skin. 

Hi lindajean,

If it was from the Marketplace and you have accepted delivery or if you bought it inworld, it is most likely in your Objects folder packed in a box.

If you know the name of it, you can type that into seach in your inventory to find it. If you don`t recall the name you can get it from your Transaction History or in the Marketplace on your Order HIstory.

You can post again with more details by using the "Comments" feature here.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.