Does Linden Lab restart ALL regions weekly?

Spooky Treat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello everyone,

we are renting a parcel on a homestead since half a year and are having issues with the sim not being restarted for weeks which causes lag, rez issues and more. I always thought Linden Lab is restarting all sims weekly, but ours isn't restarted and we keep having to ask the landlord over and over to do it, which is starting to become annoying. I was thinking of opening a support ticket, but then thought i would ask on here first to see if anyone knows something. 

Thank you for the help :D

3 answers to this question

No, although it often works out that way.  You can see the schedule of upcoming rolling restarts by consulting the Grid Status tab at the top of this site.  Scheduled maintenance typically takes places on Tuesdays for main channel regions and Wednesdays for RC regions, but is omitted some weeks.  And may occasionally be performed more than once in a week if there have been grid-wide issues.

If your region needs to be restarted more often, it may have underlying problems.  They may be related to the way you are using physical objects or an excessive amount of rezzing or terraforming, for example, or they may be a problem in the region's server.  The region owner should be able to consult diagnostics to do some troubleshooting and, if necessary, submit a support case to ask Linden Lab to examine the server.

• Like 1

I think they try to restart every sim once every two weeks, if I correctly interpret this from the weekly Deployment thread:

Regions will be restarted if they have been running for more than 14 days on Tuesday (Main Channel) and Wednesday (RCs) regardless of whether or not new code is being deployed, for the general health and well being of the Simulators.  Nothing beats turning it off and then on again … once in a while.

(I guess "more than 14 days" coming up weekly might end up meaning no more than three weeks, I'm not 100% sure.)

Also FWIW last week the Lab announced that Estate sims can now be restarted from a web interface, which may make it easier for Estate managers to respond to restart requests.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your answers, Roling and Qie.

I will keep an eye on it and see. its been almost 14 days again since the last restart. Sim says the performance is good, but when its restarted its like day and night.

Thank you again! Have a great week :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.