JLoveDawn

land purchase do I have to have a group to own land ?

I recently purchased land was told i have to have a group to keep it ? Is this true I am farely a noob my first land pruchase

Posted (edited)

No, the land does not have to be owned by a group.  A group can give you some extra benefits, but it is definitely not a requirement.

If you ever do decide to create a group for your land, all groups need two people and you want those two people to both be you -- i.e. create an alt to be the second member.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

LittleMe is completely correct -- but is this MAINLAND or is this PRIVATE land that you purchased, and "who" told you that you had to have a group to keep it. There could be some private estate rules in this scenario. I think we need more details. 

5 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

LittleMe is completely correct -- but is this MAINLAND or is this PRIVATE land that you purchased, and "who" told you that you had to have a group to keep it. There could be some private estate rules in this scenario. I think we need more details. 

I keep forgetting that they like to use the term "sell" for estate land that you really are just renting.

Yes this is Mainland property I purchased I was told that I need a group for someone to rez on land an build with me . If I created a group an add someone an later decide to delete the group will it effect my land if I have deeded my  land to the group ? Also is there a way to see who has visited my land ?  Thank you ladies so much for your help.

Edited by JLoveDawn

27 minutes ago, JLoveDawn said:

Yes this is Mainland property I purchased I was told that I need a group for someone to rez on land an build with me . If I created a group an add someone an later decide to delete the group will it effect my land if I have deeded my  land to the group ? Also is there a way to see who has visited my land ?  Thank you ladies so much for your help.

If you want to allow someone else to build on the land without allowing everyone to build there, then yes create a group.  First off, groups must have 2 people so create yourself a second account (an alt).  Then create the group and add your second account to it.  Then you can add others to the group and give them building rights.  Look at the roles in the group and assign them a role that will let them build, but be careful you don't give them too much power in the group. 

When land is deeded to a group the group cannot be deleted until the land is sold or returned to yourself personally or to someone else. You can remove other people from the group later and leave yourself and your alt account in it, thereby keeping the group alive - there is no reason to actually delete the group. 

Here is info on groups: 
https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/creating-managing-moderating-and-disbanding-groups-r48

And some info on managing your land:
https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/managing-your-parcel-r49

Read those first so that you understand how it all works.