Moving a Region.Do the Landmarks follow the region?

Gost Solo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2138 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm moving a region, I understand all the objects will move along to new new location. I don't want any of the landmarks of the old location , on my new location, or better said, don't want any of the old tenants that left the previous location landing on the new location. Is this feasible? or how I do the new tenants rule the land, with out having old tenants show up at the relocated sim.

3 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Gost Solo said:

I'm moving a region, I understand all the objects will move along to new new location

according to this, all moves with the sim, prices are different i guess..

7 minutes ago, Gost Solo said:

don't want any of the old tenants that left the previous location landing on the new location. Is this feasible? or how I do the new tenants rule the land, with out having old tenants show up at the relocated sim.

you only can prevent people using landmarks when you ban them, or set access to a group. To be honest, what you want can give people wrong ideas why you moved the sim. If i were a tenant at your place, i'd blink a few times and have some serious questions.

• Like 1

Hi Gost!

You may want to read this article: https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/managing-private-regions-r50/#Section_6

The fee for moving a private region is $150 USD, although that fee is discounted somewhat if you're moving five or more regions.

Landmarks will not be invalidated by a move, although people's Home positions and locations based on Picks in a profile may no longer work.

There are actually some advantages to having previous tenants continue to have access.  If you're a new owner of the region, you might want those people to become some of YOUR tenants, or customers.  You can cut down on the Drama that may be caused by a former tenant showing up in another person's house, by limiting teleports to a designated arrival point, at least until things settle down.

If you really don't want former tenants around, though, what you can do is create a new group.  Have all your current tenants and friends join this group, then set the land to group access only.  It would also be courteous of you to send all the old tenants a notecard, informing them that the region is closing.  Thank them for their patronage, and send them your best wishes.  It's much nicer than just booting them out without a word of thanks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2138 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.