18th century woman looking for an RP husband

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1025 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

is it wrong though? For example.. Try describing a cell phone to a person 500 years ago, and now everyone just has to have one.

Do you have a cell phone? A landline phone? A mailbox? Do you take vaccines and antibiotics? Do you live in structure made by other humans using power tools? Do you drink water provided via a municipal source or other technology based means (well pump and filters, etc?). Do you eat farmed food? Each of those things would be thought magical by humans who lived well prior to their invention. Care to live without them?

In much of Africa, your choice is between a cell phone and no phone. There is no wired communications infrastructure. The advantages of ready access to knowledge and information are well known. It's impossible to conduct business without communicating. For many, that elevates the cell phone from luxury to necessity. Within a decade or two, there will be apartment complexes built in my neighborhood without any wired telecom infrastructure. As in Africa, you'll either have a wireless phone, or none at all.

While you might believe that you are afforded access to all these wonders entirely as a result of your own hard work and prudent life choices, you'd be mistaken. The single biggest factor in your individual success (and in mine) is luck. You were lucky enough to be born in an industrialized nation, to parents of some means and education. Had you been born in Central African Republic, to a single mother who could not read or write, it's unlikely any effort on your part would elevate you to the point you could participate online as you do.

Vaccination is my favorite example of a human invention that has become necessary not only for the general welfare of an individual, but for the societies in which they live. If vaccines were denied to those who can't afford them, we'd never develop the herd immunity needed to protect those who can. Not everyone can accept vaccines, and not all who do are protected by them.

If you believe this human progress is "kind of sad", why do you continue to take advantage of it? Or where you bleating?

6 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Do you have a cell phone? A landline phone? A mailbox? Do you take vaccines and antibiotics? Do you live in structure made by other humans using power tools? Do you drink water provided via a municipal source or other technology based means (well pump and filters, etc?). Do you eat farmed food? Each of those things would be thought magical by humans who lived well prior to their invention. Care to live without them?

In much of Africa, your choice is between a cell phone and no phone. There is no wired communications infrastructure. The advantages of ready access to knowledge and information are well known. It's impossible to conduct business without communicating. For many, that elevates the cell phone from luxury to necessity. Within a decade or two, there will be apartment complexes built in my neighborhood without any wired telecom infrastructure. As in Africa, you'll either have a wireless phone, or none at all.

While you might believe that you are afforded access to all these wonders entirely as a result of your own hard work and prudent life choices, you'd be mistaken. The single biggest factor in your individual success (and in mine) is luck. You were lucky enough to be born in an industrialized nation, to parents of some means and education. Had you been born in Central African Republic, to a single mother who could not read or write, it's unlikely any effort on your part would elevate you to the point you could participate online as you do.

Vaccination is my favorite example of a human invention that has become necessary not only for the general welfare of an individual, but for the societies in which they live. If vaccines were denied to those who can't afford them, we'd never develop the herd immunity needed to protect those who can. Not everyone can accept vaccines, and not all who do are protected by them.

If you believe this human progress is "kind of sad", why do you continue to take advantage of it? Or where you bleating?

To bad the dems didn't succeed in defeating Kavanaugh, then they could have eventually gotten a liberal judge in the vacant spot, and a liberal supreme court could have discovered the right to cell phones and internet access were provided for in our constitution.

Yes luck is wonderful, I thank God every day for being born where and where I was.

Sucks for the all others but oh well, life sucks doesn't it?

Edited by Phorumities
added stuff

OP, do not use cell phones in your 18th century roleplay. They are very evil.

* just getting back on topic...

evil cell phone.jpg

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Phorumities said:

Yes I'm sure it's shocking, and of course, I'm also sure the numbers are shockingly over rated. You need those numbers up to ensure your funding stays high.

Tie in to another post I made, how many of  those poor starving families have cell phones?

How can we establish exactly how many poor people exist in the U.S.?  Can you provide your own statistics, as you always discredit statistics provided by others....you repeatedly invalidate statistics that don't coincide with your beliefs.

Please show me the numbers from your research...

Edited by Luna Bliss

39 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

How can we establish exactly how many poor people exist in the U.S.?  Can you provide your own statistics, as you always discredit statistics provided by others....you repeatedly invalidate statistics that don't coincide with your beliefs.

Please show me the numbers from your research...

To avoid inflamed passions and risking getting ARed, I'm restricting my replies on any topic to only one every 24 hours. Be sure to check back in about 20 hours or so.

On 10/5/2018 at 7:17 AM, SophiePotter94 said:

Bonjour, Empereur!

How honored I am to have had the good fortune of meeting your Majesty at last^ ^ And yes, I think I would also like to know you too better...Just promise me that you won't cut my ghost's head off when Im distracted as an act of hatred. I would hate to pass the rest of eternity like that.

Amicalement,

Marie Antoinette

Ah, so you want me to address you as Marie Antoinette? Well, I think the necklace incident was foolish. Your husband forgot to pay for your necklace, then that person who was selling the necklace overtaxed him. Also, drama happened with Robespierre's beheading, the Girondins, the Jacobins. Your entire family was beheaded except for one of your kids who survived le règne de la terreur. Also, royal families should be treated like everyone else because we all are humans.

I'll be real and tell you some facts about myself. You are welcome to ask me any question about myself.

I like anything with military history, science, geography, math, classical literature, etc. I obviously like to look at maps for fun to learn about a certain location and study the locations of cities, countries, and municipalities. It's interesting to learn the cultures of other nations and how they're like compared to nations I like. I like math because it's extremely easy and useful. I like both history and science because both are powerful tools used to manipulate the population into believing that a false thing is true.

If I could choose which subject is the most powerful weapon, that would be history because everything we write in history books is what we want our people to believe in. History is written by the victors, and the people who were defeated didn't have a chance to share their histories. It is possible to reveal the actual truth behind the false lies if you are a well-educated being. You can expose the truth to the public, though it will take a lot of time. Science is quite a powerful tool, though it's mostly used for calculations around the world. It does take a part of history because certain actions can predict the possibility for a certain even to occur.

The music I like are 18th century Italian music because of the pleasant melodies. I am extremely picky with my music, and I'm hard to please. I easily dislike other genres because they're not my type. It's extremely hard to explain why.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1025 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.