Land Auction

Izabella Bentham

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm a premium member, and I currently have a linden home.  I'm trying to bid on a larger mainland parcel in an auction and it is telling me I should update my account, but won't let the bid go through.  I have checked everything there is to update on my account and it is updated.  However it is telling me that I do not have a premium membership when I pay for an annual membership and clearly do or would not have a linden home.  How do I get it resolved to place a bid on property?

5 answers to this question

32 minutes ago, Izabella Bentham said:

I'm a premium member, and I currently have a linden home.  I'm trying to bid on a larger mainland parcel in an auction and it is telling me I should update my account, but won't let the bid go through.  I have checked everything there is to update on my account and it is updated.  However it is telling me that I do not have a premium membership when I pay for an annual membership and clearly do or would not have a linden home.  How do I get it resolved to place a bid on property?

i had the same at two of my accounts too, if it keeps doing that, contact support ( of course only urgent matters will be looked at during the weekend... support isn't anymore what it was)

i gave the bidding up, if they don't want my money,, than not.

Yes, contact Live Chat tomorrow and ask them to sort it out.  As an aside, though, I should point out that much land is sold between residents, not through the auction process.  If you take the time to look through the Land forums and classified ads, you should be able to find plenty of landowners who are eager to sell. If their asking prices aren't already competitive (they usually are), you may be able to bargain for a better price, depending on how desperate they are to sell.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

Sometimes all you have to do is bump up your allowed holdings.  Go to your Land Use Fees page (https://secondlife.com/my/account/landfees.php), scroll down and click the radio button to whatever will be your maximum if you get the land you want - i.e. if you are trying to buy a 1024 plot, click the 1024 radio button.  All that button is doing is saying what level of tier you are willing to pay without additional popup box confirmations (which only happen when you buy land inworld).  That radio button does not actually charge you for anything -- you are only ever charged for the tier that you actually use/own.

• Like 1

There is a registration process for the land auctions first of all, which processes your purchases with Linden. In addition  - if you have-are-using a Linden home, then your free-of-tier allowance is taken by your linden home. Let me refine that - if your linden home is on a 512 parcel then under the linden land revision to a 1024 allowance you are able to purchase an additional 512 without paying tier.

then yoi

If your objective is to move from your Linden Home to a 1024 parcel you want to purchase, you will need to do an "abandon land" with "about land" AT Your Linden home, after which you will have 1024M 'available'

One thing in addition - if you go to your 'world map' and checkmark the land-sales switch, you can see on your map all the parcels that are available through either land auction or for direct sales-purchase.

Many land owners will put a price on their parcel, frequently high, at which they'll sell. There is a trick to finding a parcel you like and looking up the owner to make them an offer, even if they do not have their land for sale.

• Confused 3

5 hours ago, aleciadevries said:

.. if you have-are-using a Linden home, then your free-of-tier allowance is taken by your linden home. Let me refine that - if your linden home is on a 512 parcel then under the linden land revision to a 1024 allowance you are able to purchase an additional 512 without paying tier.

then yoi

If your objective is to move from your Linden Home to a 1024 parcel you want to purchase, you will need to do an "abandon land" with "about land" AT Your Linden home, after which you will have 1024M 'available'

While the info about tier & Linden Home is technically correct, none of this will keep your from bidding on anything or winning an auction.  If you win anything that increases your tier, it simply increases automatically and you will thus owe for that increased tier.

5 hours ago, aleciadevries said:

There is a registration process for the land auctions first of all, which processes your purchases with Linden.

It is not a 'registration for land auctions'.  You simply sign up (register) to be a Premium member rather than a basic (free) account.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.