Help with glove layers.

Josie Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2140 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wish I had an answer for you because I have run into the same problem with the Maitreya body and specifically the glove layer..  Some times it looks right but most of the time it looks like your picture.  And it is not the designers fault as there is only one way to make appliers.  it seems that perhaps the layer just under the glove layer is too big so it protrudes through the glove layer to cause that issue.  Afraid only the body maker can do anything to fix that.

I ended up messaging Maitreya's CSR about this and this is what she had to say about it:

"That has happened from time to time and we never could figure out why aside from the normal SL issue of altitude above 999 meters"
"SL has always had a problem with 4 digit altitudes and mesh"
"The software uses a fixed length string for calculations, and for example, 4.567 would become 4.57 if rounded off - so accuracy is hurt"
"Yeah, what people don't usually know is that the position of every vertex on mesh is calculated from the 0,0,0 point of a region"

I was in my skybox when I took this picture and had the issue. I haven't tested it on the ground yet, though.

Tazzie, do you still have the issue when you're on the ground or below 999 meters?

8 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Maitreya hands also have a cloth layer. It is further up if you can afford to, apply it double, cloth + tattoo. still not perfect but usually much better.

I wasn't aware of this. Is this an option in the hud?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2140 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.