HUD won't work!!

GrasielaQerimi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2145 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

It's impossible to tell from the little amount of information that you gave us. What is the HUD supposed to do?  Is it an AO?  Does it control a vehicle?  Does it set the windlight settings on your land?  Does it open and close doors and turn on the lights in your house?  Does it identify people in the area and let you monitor them with drones? Each HUD is different, crafted for a different purpose by a different scripter.  Each has its own potential limitations and strengths.  Without knowing anything at all about yours, the best we can do is make wild guesses.  Here are a few things you can try, though:

1. Detach the HUD and reattach it.  Many HUDS will reset as they are attached.

2. Go to a different parcel or a different region.  Some HUDs will stop functioning in an area where no scripts are allowed (and many work just fine, like most AOs).

3. Rez a fresh copy of the HUD from your inventory and use it. The old one may have been damaged beyond repair.

4. Check to be sure that you aren't wearing another HUD that's in front of this one.  You can't click through one HUD to reach the one behind it.

5. Check all of the HUD's preference settings. You may have set it to change the color of one mesh hair, but not the one you are wearing.

6. Check to be sure that you are wearing or have rezzed whatever the HUD is supposed to control, and that it is turned on.

7. Read the manual or on-line description that came with the HUD to be sure you understand how it works.

8. Contact the scripter or the merchant you bought the HUD from. They are the only people who can answer technical questions about that specific HUD.

• Like 5

Rolig mentioned the reattach and another region... If you login to a No-Script region or put on a HUD in a No-Script region they often won't work. In such cases they won't open of close. They really don't work.

HUD's depend on the region to run the scripts. If there is a problem with the region, HUD can stop working.

When teleporting or crossing a region boundary HUD's can stop working. THe region you are leaving has to package up all the script information and send it to the region you are entering. If anything goes wrong with the transfer, the HUD can stop working. Usually a detach and re-attach will get it going.

If you are flying, sailing, driving across region boundaries there are known bugs that can kill a HUD, as in break... works no more (period). The only fix is to get a new copy. So, hopefully you have the original box or a backup copy. Otherwise, it's a trip to the redelivery terminal.

You can press Ctrl-Alt-T to see transparent layers that may be covering your HUD. You can also edit your HUD while it is attached, right-click->EDIT. Roll your scroll wheel to zoom out. You'll see a frame that represents you screen area scaling with the mouse wheel. You should be able to see HUD's outside the visible screen area.

Another easy troubleshooting step is to try another viewer. I suggest the Linden or one without RLV. You should have at least two viewers installed for quick troubleshooting. Both Firestorm peeps and Linden support have you test-troubleshoot with the Linden viewer. Always the thing to do before going nuts and ripping out the viewer and cache.

...and often it is easier to go get a new one rather than troubleshoot the problem.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2018 at 3:18 PM, Rolig Loon said:

It's impossible to tell from the little amount of information that you gave us. What is the HUD supposed to do?  Is it an AO?  Does it control a vehicle?  Does it set the windlight settings on your land?  Does it open and close doors and turn on the lights in your house?  Does it identify people in the area and let you monitor them with drones? Each HUD is different, crafted for a different purpose by a different scripter.  Each has its own potential limitations and strengths.  Without knowing anything at all about yours, the best we can do is make wild guesses.  Here are a few things you can try, though:

1. Detach the HUD and reattach it.  Many HUDS will reset as they are attached.

2. Go to a different parcel or a different region.  Some HUDs will stop functioning in an area where no scripts are allowed (and many work just fine, like most AOs).

3. Rez a fresh copy of the HUD from your inventory and use it. The old one may have been damaged beyond repair.

4. Check to be sure that you aren't wearing another HUD that's in front of this one.  You can't click through one HUD to reach the one behind it.

5. Check all of the HUD's preference settings. You may have set it to change the color of one mesh hair, but not the one you are wearing.

6. Check to be sure that you are wearing or have rezzed whatever the HUD is supposed to control, and that it is turned on.

7. Read the manual or on-line description that came with the HUD to be sure you understand how it works.

8. Contact the scripter or the merchant you bought the HUD from. They are the only people who can answer technical questions about that specific HUD.

well its the catwa head master HUD ..it changes lip colour and stuff like that ...also a hud that i bought wich changes lipsticks and eyeliners...they both dont work ...and i've tried mos of these things but still nothing ..i got the items redelivered and they still don't work...but thanks for your help tho ..appreciate it !

On 6/10/2018 at 12:08 AM, Nalates Urriah said:

Rolig mentioned the reattach and another region... If you login to a No-Script region or put on a HUD in a No-Script region they often won't work. In such cases they won't open of close. They really don't work.

HUD's depend on the region to run the scripts. If there is a problem with the region, HUD can stop working.

When teleporting or crossing a region boundary HUD's can stop working. THe region you are leaving has to package up all the script information and send it to the region you are entering. If anything goes wrong with the transfer, the HUD can stop working. Usually a detach and re-attach will get it going.

If you are flying, sailing, driving across region boundaries there are known bugs that can kill a HUD, as in break... works no more (period). The only fix is to get a new copy. So, hopefully you have the original box or a backup copy. Otherwise, it's a trip to the redelivery terminal.

You can press Ctrl-Alt-T to see transparent layers that may be covering your HUD. You can also edit your HUD while it is attached, right-click->EDIT. Roll your scroll wheel to zoom out. You'll see a frame that represents you screen area scaling with the mouse wheel. You should be able to see HUD's outside the visible screen area.

Another easy troubleshooting step is to try another viewer. I suggest the Linden or one without RLV. You should have at least two viewers installed for quick troubleshooting. Both Firestorm peeps and Linden support have you test-troubleshoot with the Linden viewer. Always the thing to do before going nuts and ripping out the viewer and cache.

...and often it is easier to go get a new one rather than troubleshoot the problem.

the scripts are on i've checked and also nothing is covering my hud i checked all of these things i've been reading about in comments ...it just wont do anything when you click to change the lip colour for example..oh and i tried other viewers too ..but just nothing..its so frustrating it happened when sl had the new update:|

3 hours ago, GrasielaQerimi said:

the scripts are on i've checked and also nothing is covering my hud i checked all of these things i've been reading about in comments ...it just wont do anything when you click to change the lip colour for example..oh and i tried other viewers too ..but just nothing..its so frustrating it happened when sl had the new update:|

Easiest fix is probably to get a redelivery of the product.

3 hours ago, GrasielaQerimi said:

i got the items redelivered and they still don't work.

In that case, the HUDs are not defective.  In fact, since you mentioned that two HUDs are failing, it was already unlikely that the problem is on that end.  There's something wrong with the way you are using them.  The most obvious thing is that you are in a no-script area, or an area where you are not a member of the group allowed to run scripts.  That's perhaps the most common reason HUDs fail. If so, you can go to a public area anywhere (or simply fly up to 1000m or so) and see if they work.  I have not used either of the HUDs you mention, so I do not know whether they require any setup.  If they do, you should double check to be sure that you did it right.  You should also beck to be sure that you are actually wearing the Catwa head and the cosmetic attachments that the HUDs are meant to control. I know that sounds like silly advice, but I can't always be sure that I am wearing things like my Maitreya mesh feet unless I check to be sure. Clothes and other things cover up enough stuff that it's not always obvious.

4 hours ago, GrasielaQerimi said:

well its the catwa head master HUD ..it changes lip colour and stuff like that ...also a hud that i bought wich changes lipsticks and eyeliners...they both dont work ...and i've tried mos of these things but still nothing ..i got the items redelivered and they still don't work...but thanks for your help tho ..appreciate it !

might be too obvious to say this but... ... not sure about the female huds, but at the male ones there are lots of empty slots you can fill... those don't work unless you putted textures in it..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2145 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.