MarcelineValkyre

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2138 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I used to go to this place with a normal freebie avatar and the old owners never cared what type of avatar you had as long as it wasn't child play or overly cartoonish. Well I just recently got the kemono avatar which has become rather popular. I went out of my way to make her look adult, she is 5 foot 5 and busty and in no way cartoonish. I went back to the sim a few times with this avatar and wasn't told anything, but here recently I was banned for having a kemono because it fell under "childish" and "cartoon" JUST because it was a kemono. I was told that the new owners dont like kemono and they have had "problems with children running around." Which again, I am NOT. Nor is my avatar. I am allowed in other sims as I am, and I have been in this certain sim for years but now because I have a new avatar type I was banned. Is that fair or right for the new owner to do? Because I am very hurt that I was thrown out for what type of avatar I have when in their rules it does NOT state I cant have that specific avatar. The rules only state "no child" and "no cartoon avatars." Which I have went out of my way to obey and edit my avatar accordingly for other sims as well.

Edited by MarcelineValkyre

10 answers to this question

For all places run by someone else, there is one major rule: the one who pays the bills enforces their set of rules, no matter how idiotic they might be (people or reasons).

The safest and most sane thing for you to do is something you probably didn't want to read, but still: completely forget about that place, spit on the new decisions, laugh at the owners and don't let them spoil your mood, drop the landmark into a fire to let it burn to ashes, so to speak ... short and sweet, move on and find better and more tolerant people.

Perhaps some contacts from that old location will come along, if you have strong friendship ties. 

Edited by Lillith Hapmouche
  • Like 4

I thought about that, but it really hurts to be banned just because of my new avatar type. I feel like there should be some rule set in that unless the avatar breaks the sims specific rules, you can't be biased about it. Because as I said, the old owners were completely fine as long as they werent childish or overly cartoonish. A few players had kemonos, even males. But these new owners didnt change the rules at all, they just consider all kemono types to be childish and cartoonish no matter what even if they aren't. I really love that place and it really upsets me that I was banned not for breaking a rule but just because I'm a kemono. Pay for the sim or not, there should be some justice about that right? Second life has a rule about child avatars in adult places, not types. I don't feel a sim owner should ban for type, more so for looks or if someone tries to agee playy.

Edited by MarcelineValkyre

7 minutes ago, MarcelineValkyre said:

these new owners didnt change the rules at all, they just consider all kemono types to be childish and cartoonish

as Lillith said .. the owner makes the rules, even when not fully written. It's not against TOS or any rule to lock out/ban people who you don't want... kemono, red hair, pink shoes... anything...

8 minutes ago, MarcelineValkyre said:

Pay for the sim or not, there should be some justice about that right?

no

9 minutes ago, MarcelineValkyre said:

I don't feel a sim owner should ban for type, more so for looks or if someone tries to agee playy.

buy your own sim, and set your own rules.

This has nothing to do with a/p

• Like 1

I don't have the money to do so or I would. I've been in that place for years. I got a new avatar happily, enjoying the fact that I didn't look like utter crap anymore and I get banned for it. I don't think it should be right at all to do that even if they do pay. People pay for things all the time and have gotten it taken away for more minor things.

Just ignore those places... they are not worth your time there are enough out there which do not have such silly rules. Arguing with the tinpot ditcators is useless, within their tinpots their word is law - but outside their tinpot no one cares what they do. 

35 minutes ago, MarcelineValkyre said:

People pay for things all the time and have gotten it taken away for more minor things.

if i'm not wrong you paid for your avatar, not for that sim.

Nothing is taken away from you, see it as they opened the way for you to discover new things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarcelineValkyre said:

I don't have the money to do so or I would. I've been in that place for years. I got a new avatar happily, enjoying the fact that I didn't look like utter crap anymore and I get banned for it. I don't think it should be right at all to do that even if they do pay. People pay for things all the time and have gotten it taken away for more minor things.

All of that is interesting but not at all relevant.  The basic rule, as the others have said, is that the TOS gives landowners the exclusive right to do anything that they want with the land that they paid for, as long as they don't violate the TOS themselves.  A landowner doesn't have to create specific rules, doesn't have to explain them, or even be consistent. The landowner can decide that he just doesn't want you there ... period.  You have no voice in the matter, and no appeal.  It's not about you.  It's about what the landowner wants to do with his own land.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MarcelineValkyre said:

Is that fair or right for the new owner to do?

The rules only state "no child" and "no cartoon avatars." Which I have went out of my way to obey and edit my avatar accordingly for other sims as well.

Of course it isn't fair. But, why do you have the idea anything in SL or RL is fair? Or is even 'supposed' to be. I suppose children might, but then you would have other challenges with this location.

In our current society political groups use the idea of 'fair' to confuse issues, because the idea of what is fair is diverse and divisive being a poorly defined personal ideal that is more emotional than rational. 

Bureaucratic administration is the hallmark of large and/or overworked organizations, government or private. A primary reason many people favor small government. You have run into it with the estate or club managers not taking the time to actually consider your unique personal situation. Instead to save time and effort they quickly lump you in with other Kemono users and your get zapped. That is life. Learn to cope.

It isn't that we aren't sympathetic. We've just learned a good fine whine based on fairness is useless. :S

• Like 1

The Kemono avatars, though popular, are not liked by everyone; and the sim-owners are just one of the many.

I know it sucks, but there isn't really anything you can do. Well, Maybe if you contact the owner and strike a deal to wear something different?

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Nothing is taken away from you, see it as they opened the way for you to discover new things.

^ This

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2138 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.