Help with making a new avatar .

sachapetrov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So i have been messing around with a non mesh avatar , got introduced into the mesh scene by a friend , i got abar ebody 1$ version and it helped me to learn more about mesh . Now i am ready to invest in a full mesh avatar , i got the demo of the body i want to test it , and paid 99$ for the omega system kit . Now i need help with head , feets and hands etc . So for the head people recommended catwa and for the hands feet people recommend slink . 

Im asking for more tips and advices on this topic . 

And im asking for a list of the other items that people usually buy , like a must have list of items ( ao , hud , ...)

Also any recommendation of a hair store ?

16 minutes ago, nikita2004 Ashley said:

Maitreya is worth yr investment, at the moment ak is having their group gift at 150linden.  I would say that's yr best choice without paying more for a Benton head. Thus the animation is good. 

i can totally understand english isn't your native tongue, but even a bad translator makes it more readable than this

• Like 3

As stated above most bodies come with feet and hands... Slink feet are just around because many had them from the time before full mesh bodies. You will get pretty anything new also for the inbuildt feet of the most widespread meshbody.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

Sking requires Slink hands and feet, as it doesn't include its own and, as far as I know, is only compatible with Slink. Therefore, when you're looking for skins for it, you'll need to look for omega appliers and get the Slink omega relay, or look for skins creators that sell both Slink and omega appliers. (If you can't find Slink hand and foot appliers, Slink body appliers will work for the hands and feet, usually.) 

Head wise, it depends what you're looking for. Catwa had the most available for it. For customizability, bento is good; for price, if you can find something you like the features of out of the box, though, you can get non-bento cheaper, so shop around.

Knowing what you're looking for in terms of style would help for other recommendations. Or ask inworld, in groups like mesh body addicts and skin addiction. 

There are lots of quality Omega-friendly Bento heads available for a lot cheaper than Catwa. You could start by going to Akeruka, joining their group for 150 L$, and getting the Maia head for free. I haven't really used it yet but it seems to be good. In my profile picture here I'm wearing the Normie head by Utilizator, for 500 L$. I'm sure other people here will have other ideas too.

Edited by angeoco

LAQ sell their heads and animation HUD separate. Buy one HUD, use it on all the LAQ heads if you will change head. The HUD is a one time purchase.

The heads is 1500 L and this weekend 9-10 June, LAQ has 50% off on their HUD. This weekend you will buy HUD: 1500 L, and a head that you choose for 1500 L, total 3000 L.

Link to a blogger who has a video review of one of the LAQ heads: https://strawberrysingh.com/2018/05/23/laq-leia-bento-head/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.