How do I fix my HUD that is not appearing?

Uma Adder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

All my other HUDs look fine but this HUD gives me a headache. I have to minimize the display in order to move the HUD to get to other tabs, and even so, it is not tilted in the Y-axis. I tried to tilt it and it worked but it is still not in full.

First photo shows what I have and second photo is what it should be. Please help, thank you!

Snapshot_007.jpg

1.png

8 answers to this question

I just tried the hud that came with the free head MAIA and had no issues other than it being close to the Maitreya hud (the only one I leave on besides sometimes my facelight).   Everything worked fine and all the slots seemed full at LOD2 (Firestorm Default). There are a lot of big body and head huds. I just detach them after use.  This one does have a minimize. I think it is a huge improvement over the previous hud -- even with the LOD "issues". 

It did NOT WORK at the Linden Viewer of 1.25 (which is pretty dumb).    But yes, that LOD thing was the issue, not the placement. 

image.thumb.png.c5a680a36b7e2e5f2922fc4b4cbd262a.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 2

It's rotated in both Y and Z, and there's more than one linked element to it. The main body of the HUD (the large image that's the background) is not rotated at all, but it looks like other links are. If I had to guess -- and I really do -- you tried to rotate the whole thing but somehow only rotated that one link.  Now it's a mess.  If you are very patient, you can try rezzing the thing on the ground and rotating each of the links individually.  Or you can simply trash that one and rez a new copy from your backup.  You do have a backup, right?  

• Like 2

That looks like the new AK hud which does seem to be easier to use.   If you don't have a backup you can get a redelivery easily at the shop. If the hud hasn't been fixed and is still "off" then with the hud on your screen, look at the NUMBERS in the edit window instead of trying to rotate manually. 

The numbers on the hud should all be either 0,90,180 or 270 for it to be "flat" on the screen.  

image.png.2551c57d9d9a43bb906d7d626fdbdca8.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

That looks like the new AK hud which does seem to be easier to use. 

But does not work on default LOD factors... because bad mesh just reached HUDs... GRRRR (no it didn't - an unnamed mesh body designer beat them on the race to bad mesh on HUDs long ago - but for a 5000L product - even if given as group gift - it is still annoying)

Crank up your LOD factor for objects - set your HUD and slide it down again, Uma. That is the answer they give in their chat too - instead of reuploading it and saying "sorry we botched up" they - like many bad furniture designers before -  just "advise" you to roast your machine to enjoy their creation.

TLDR: AK "deluxe" HUD does not work with default LOD setting - slide object LOD factor to 2.5 or higher

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Yes, it does look like an AK HUD.

I recently got the free group AK Maia mesh head, which is lovely. However, the HUD positioning and page switching is awful. Such a shame as the head is lovely. I can certainly understand the desire to move it. I did. What a pain. Each page has to be moved seemingly independently of each other and the 'move' arrows are wa-a-ay off screen.

I made plenty of backups but they all turned up the same, and I rotated them in all directions. lol

But it really worked with the LOD settings. 
You all have been so helpful in figuring it out. Now I can work on my head.
Thank you all so much!!

Edited by Uma Adder
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Candice LittleBoots said:

Yes, it does look like an AK HUD.

I recently got the free group AK Maia mesh head, which is lovely. However, the HUD positioning and page switching is awful. Such a shame as the head is lovely. I can certainly understand the desire to move it. I did. What a pain. Each page has to be moved seemingly independently of each other and the 'move' arrows are wa-a-ay off screen.

I just wanted to note that I had none of the issues you guys are mentioning. I use the latest Firestorm and have a big monitor. One of those could be the difference. Certainly seems like something AK needs to look at. 

I get some huds (hair mostly) that are so VERY VERY SMALL (and no mod) that I simply have to click and guess. If folks are going to make no mod huds then adding a resize option seems like a VERY GOOD IDEA. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.