Possible to Avoid Paypal or Skrill?

Naiman Broome

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello , I am wondering if there are ways to avoid Withdrawing money to paypal or Skrill , since they have rised "Again" fees, with SL too the fees on us to eur conversions you find up with a 2.5% unlimited fee applied by SL on your cashout, plus another 3.5% taken by paypal on any conversion , wich totals as like a 6 % on your total withdrawal plus on that you need to add the fluctuating value difference of eur dollar .... So any idea or help would be appreciated thankyou!

20 minutes ago, Naiman Broome said:

Hello , I am wondering if there are ways to avoid Withdrawing money to paypal or Skrill , since they have rised "Again" fees, with SL too the fees on us to eur conversions you find up with a 2.5% unlimited fee applied by SL on your cashout, plus another 3.5% taken by paypal on any conversion , wich totals as like a 6 % on your total withdrawal plus on that you need to add the fluctuating value difference of eur dollar .... So any idea or help would be appreciated thankyou!

I think that is a no.  I have no idea what skrill charges though

1 hour ago, Naiman Broome said:

3.5% taken by paypal on any conversion

any bank, no matter where or who, will take exchange costs, you can only avoid it by adding a second currency to your paypal to use your USD balance as it is and not sell your dollars for euro's.
There is nothing you can do about it. This is simply how international currencies work, and one of the reasons most countries in europe use the Euro, so nobody has the exchange costs.

3.5% is even very decent, cost for currency exchange can be up to 5% or more.

btw . it's not 6% on your total withdrawel.  it's 2.5 at your SL credit, and at paypal 3.5 at the net amount you got from LL (not a huge difference at small amounts)

15 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

any bank, no matter where or who, will take exchange costs, you can only avoid it by adding a second currency to your paypal to use your USD balance as it is and not sell your dollars for euro's.
There is nothing you can do about it. This is simply how international currencies work, and one of the reasons most countries in europe use the Euro, so nobody has the exchange costs.

3.5% is even very decent, cost for currency exchange can be up to 5% or more.

btw . it's not 6% on your total withdrawel.  it's 2.5 at your SL credit, and at paypal 3.5 at the net amount you got from LL (not a huge difference at small amounts)

Its not like this , my bank applies 0% fees to make a currency exchange, it applies only the market value .

Paypal just update its fees from 2.5% to 3.5% as an either accept or go condition .

SL rised its fees to an unlimited 2.5% too , so summimg it up you get -% for ll exchange, then -2.5% by LL , then paypal -3.5% then currency conversion rate.

So if you retire for example 1000 USD (845 eur) you get -25 usd by LL become 975 usd ,  at the Real rate (1 USD = 0,84585)  = 825 Eur.

With Paypal conversion you will get  975 - 3.5% = 941usd ( 795 eur )  .

So in the end you get 795 instead of 845 .

Edited by Naiman Broome

17 minutes ago, Naiman Broome said:

Its not like this , my bank applies 0% fees to make a currency exchange, it applies only the market value .

of course they do, you only don't see it because it's already in their exchange rate.

I really don't understand where your complaint is about, it's always been this way.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

8 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

of course they do, you only don't see it because it's already in their exchange rate.

I really don't understand where your complaint is about, it's always been this way.

No they don't , I already talked with the bank . Well , they take 0,05%.

Edited by Naiman Broome

4 hours ago, Naiman Broome said:

I am wondering if there are ways to avoid Withdrawing money to paypal or Skrill

Unfortunately, they cannot put the money on a credit card because it is not a 'credit' (i.e. refund) of a charge.  Trying to deal with doing EFTs to banks across the entire world would be unwieldy. That leaves PayPal and Skrill.

32 minutes ago, Elvina Ewing said:

have your Paypal in both Euro and US$ balances. Have RL bank account in both Euro and US$. Withdraw US$ from your Paypal's dollar balance to your US$ bank account without conversion. Would that work?

thats what i said in my first post, but also, as soon you want to convert to either currency, the bank will take its part.
It will only really work when you can keep the both seperated.

of course the bank will take its part. The point is to find the option with the lowest possible fee. If the OP's bank only takes 0.05% for conversion that's obviously a better deal than 3.5%. The question is: does it also allow to have US$ balances on the same account? As i'm guessing it's a European bank. I don't think my bank allows it... :S

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.