Sexy clothes

Karina Leborski

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I do like casual clothes but even the stores that has them they still have a massive cleavage or are skin tight. I do wish there were more options for everyday clothing. I do like sexy though, just wanted to be able to change when tired of a single look. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AmandaKeen said:

I somewhat agree Bitsy, but my observation is that a walk through the local mall in RL bears a shocking resemblance to the major SL women’s retailers. I have to -look- for less-baring styles or leave the youth-centered mall for shops that specialize in upscale or “over-30” fashions.

There is shrinking middle-ground :-(

The closest I got to that was four or so years ago when I saw an ad in the Ann Summers window with a model with over-inflated hydraulic boobage and thought 'oh those must be mesh' :SwingingFriends:

Aside from leggings, leggings and more leggings, if these trends are happening in the UK too, then I am succeeding in avoiding it quite well. :)

Good luck to everyone who has to deal with it in RL too.

I'm on second life to RP and explore what I can't in RL :$
If I'm feeling a little more sexy one day or have any special desire, I dress my avatar for the occasion. But normally, I little to dress my avatar normally. I even regret that it's almost impossible to wear underwear (except as tattoos) under normal clothes without seeing through.
Most girls/women like to wear sexy clothes for a special event (not minimalist clothes, but sexy). SL is a special event everyday :D

• Like 1

Most of the stuff i wear i could happily get away with wearing in RL in my early days of SL lots of the stuff was a little too risque for RL. Nice thing about SL while lots of the fashion might be similar to RL you can wear all the things you'd never normally wear 

As you can see,  judging by my flickr pics - I tend to dress my avie somewhat similar to how I dress in RL (jeans, shorts, t-shirts, crop tops, sweats, etc). I don't wear a lot of dresses and skirts in my everyday life anymore, but I do wear them more often in SL.

On occasion I will put on something sexier, but I do try to avoid revealing too much. During my earlier days in SL, I wore very conservative clothing - mostly suits and office wear, because of my inworld employment at the time ( I was a receptionist and later an advertising exec) required it. When I wasn't working in those days, I sported either a preppy or(as I like to call it)"casual chic" look. 

Typically, I just wear what I want - I don't really have a set style,  nor do I spend any time worrying about what others are wearing. After all, SL is about self expression and if expressing yourself means wearing a pair of booty shorts and some nipple pasties, so be it - to each their own.

• Like 2

A lot of women’s fashion in SL is taken directly from RL. R.I.P Polyvore! Along with social media like Instagram, Tumblr, etc. In a weird way SL’s Flickr scene directly mirrors Instagram, even down to the pictures people take.

Honestly, wearing those kinds of clothes are fun. They might not be practical for say....work. But I don’t need to wear scrubs or a pantsuit in SL. People seem to forget SL is a place where everybody is perfect, young and idealized. A little while back I bought a pantsuit except it had a rhinestone bodice instead of a blouse to go with it.

Would I wear something like that in real life? Probably not. It’s mostly because I couldn’t afford it. But it can be mine for 299. I’ll go for it!

On 6/5/2018 at 11:38 AM, Karina Leborski said:

The question for it - what's your reasons?

Is it the limited choice in the stores, personal preference, your partner likes u dressed like that?

Another question - do u expect to attract opposite sex and any romantic/sexual inworld interaction by wearing very little?

Do u sometimes get offended by men hitting on you too explicitly when u dressed like that?

My own experiences here but ... here we go.

Let me start by saying if everyone is wearing little, the best way to stand out is to wear more. 
There you go; advice from an attention whore.  Maybe I'm not the target demographic to be answering this but I do strut around in skimpy outfits often enough to try and answer.

Now, to the questions!

1 - The question for it - what's your reasons?
I like the way I look on my monitor.  I want to be the most attractive girl in the room. (Shocker, eh?) Granted that is usually an unachievable goal but that's my target.

2 - Is it the limited choice in the stores, personal preference, your partner likes [you] dressed like that?
Limited?  HA!  Try dressing a male alt and then ask if fashion for women is limited. 
No, I'll go with personal preference.  My style of dress for any given day will reflect my mood.

3 - Another question - do [you] expect to attract opposite sex and any romantic/sexual inworld interaction by wearing very little?
Interaction? No. I am after attention. Not like fawning over me attention, just a simple "nice look" will do.  Either gender.  

4 - Do [you] sometimes get offended by men hitting on you too explicitly when [you] dressed like that?
How do I put this without sounding like a narcissistic self-centered twit.
Ahh WTH, I am a narcissistic self-centered twit.... it's one of my finer qualities.
The men who hit on me too explicitly do not care what I am wearing.  Often, they do not see me at all.  I get random come-ons from simply replying to a group chat.  Even then I am rarely if ever "offended." Sometimes it is amusing.  At worst it is a little tedious and I just ignore and move on.  Those (few) dogs like that don't give a frog fart about how a woman looks anyway.

The overly explicit type of men that do see me understand immediately I am out of their league.  The vast majority of men I hear from start up a nice conversation and ask me dance. 

5 - Conclusion.
I wear what I feel like wearing and I am always dressed to kill.  That said I have found there is zero difference in how much bad attention I receive no matter how I am dressed.

• Like 5

On 5.6.2018 at 6:38 PM, Karina Leborski said:

General thoughts on the matter...most of the clothes in SL nowadays are very short/open/sexy/*****ty...it's a general trend. Also most female avatars (male sometimes also, but less) are dressed...well, not as they would dress in RL. The question for it - what's your reasons? Is it the limited choice in the stores, personal preference, your partner likes u dressed like that? Another question - do u expect to attract opposite sex and any romantic/sexual inworld interaction by wearing very little? Do u sometimes get offended by men hitting on you too explicitly when u dressed like that?

1. nowadays?

NOPE...it´s always been like that^^ you gotta find the gems and/or wear some of the dresses as shirts to tone the sex down^^

2. dressing like that in RL

well Kasha has a good portion of stuff I´d LOVE to wear...but I´m far from her shape xD plus RL clothes are MUCH more expensive - no matter if you´re a seamstress and DIY a lot or if you buy them... and ...in the end RL me gives a flying EFF about fashion in RL... I use Kasha as a letout for that for the most part... I´m just too lazy...

3. partner

my RL partner takes a GREAT interest in Kasha and my SL... he likes the pics I take, the outfits I style but in fact prefers the ones with more fabric (hm checking my flickr...I´m usually pretty wrapped up in fabric^^) so..yeah ^^ There is no SL  partner

4. getting hit on and all that sh...

why on earth would I try to trigger that xD It happens but I troll the living hell out of those ...creatures... I never needed the absence of fabric for anything^^

Offended - well... meh... depends on my mood if I just rage-tear them a new one or "play" with them before they start to cry (you´d be surprised how many start to whine like toddlers who need a nap...)

*looks at her flicker and her wardrobe*
Apparently I'm a real runner up for the title President of Skimpyville.

My reasons for dressing my avatar up that way are pretty simple - I just happen to like it that way. That's also how I mod my skyrim and how I draw characters. I don't dress like that in RL, mainly because it wouldn't look as good, nor be comfortable enough for my liking. 

I have no partner in either world. If I had, while they'd be welcomed to voice their opinions, I would not let it affect my choices, neither RL nor SL.

I do fully expect to get hit on, however, that is not my intention. I just refuse to dress different to not get hit on.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Let me start by saying if everyone is wearing little, the best way to stand out is to wear more. 

I've seen a few women in SL do that well. One is a dean of Oxbridge Caledon. She wears a dark floor-length dress and looks rather intimidating, like Minerva McGonagall from the Harry Potter movies. Another is a helicopter designer, and is usually seen in a loose tan jumpsuit with a rag hanging out of one pocket.

I mainly wear sci-fi / fantasy / post-apocalyptic clothing, depending on my mood. Sometimes I see stuff in those styles in stores and it is revealing, if I like it I will buy it anyway. I was wearing a more revealing outfit one day and a guy IMed me and hit on me. I told him I wasn't interested and he said "Well what are you doing dressed like that then?" I hadn't been overly concerned about him hitting on me, but that statement was very..... worrying.

• Sad 1

Not to pile on, but "nowadays"?

When I first started here I almost always wore dresses or skirts; I wanted to look as girly as possible (also I loved that skirts in SL were wonderfully short). As time went on I began to enjoy dressing much more casually. My first DIY outfit consisted of denim shorts and a t-shirt with a denim jacket (that almost matched the shorts), sneakers and ankle socks. The sneakers were hot pink, more or less matching the t-shirt and the bikini I wore underneath. I was terribly proud of myself.

My favorite casual outfit is jeans and sneakers with a sweater (pullover cable-stitch preferred, with turtleneck)*. As has been mentioned already, trying to find that 'look' can be a little challenging. So many sweaters that are cropped way high, or are cardigans open to the navel. Just finding a regular old sweater can take some time. I wore that look on my system avatar all the time; now that I've finally caved in and gone mesh I can start looking again. Funnily enough, this is my first outfit in the mesh avi. I went with sandals to save time; I'll look for sneakers soon enough.

Porch.png

*A look I've always liked on women

Edited by Dillon Levenque
  • Like 3

I am just glad there is a world with so much variety..

For me I love to try to make neat scenes.. Photography is one of the really neat things about SL and fashion is a big part of it..

Most of my time is spent on my land setting  up things like this,Or in the stores getting things to set it up..

hehehe

I think it all depends on what you are looking for..Because you can sure find just about anything..

36805273611_628cc6130a_b.jpg

36110583974_941ff6e05a_b.jpg

36136634763_cb8f960d36_b.jpg

• Like 10

16 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

[...] I was wearing a more revealing outfit one day and a guy IMed me and hit on me. I told him I wasn't interested and he said "Well what are you doing dressed like that then?" I hadn't been overly concerned about him hitting on me, but that statement was very..... worrying.

Sadly, that's also a reason why some would not dress in RL like they would in SL. Because we're still living in a world where that mentality is out there, and where victims of sexual assault and rape get questioned about their clothing choices. 

Another reason why I dress skimpy, which I forgot to mention: I wear a lot of fantasy-skins, with colorgradients, with patterns, combined with tattoos or on their own. I simply find it to be waste to cover that up. 

Also:
@Ceka
beautifull pictures, really.

Edited by Sukubia Scarmon
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

*looks at her flicker and her wardrobe*
Apparently I'm a real runner up for the title President of Skimpyville.

My reasons for dressing my avatar up that way are pretty simple - I just happen to like it that way. That's also how I mod my skyrim and how I draw characters. I don't dress like that in RL, mainly because it wouldn't look as good, nor be comfortable enough for my liking. 

I have no partner in either world. If I had, while they'd be welcomed to voice their opinions, I would not let it affect my choices, neither RL nor SL.

I do fully expect to get hit on, however, that is not my intention. I just refuse to dress different to not get hit on.

Can I join your political party then? :D
You put exactly into words how I feel about this. Its the very same for me and I like to compare it to...shoes. I love the look of high heels and my avatar owns a dozen pairs of shoes with heels in various designs. In RL however this wouldn't work out. I like it comfortable and my feet would hurt within minutes and would get damaged (bloody wounds/blisters), if I didn't take the proper preparation with tons of band aids, pads and clothing.

• Like 1

You're always welcome in my political parties, heh! We'll make Skimpyville the paradise it deserves to be!

I really like the shoe example, because that's exactly how it is for me. I absolutely love how they look - I have a strong preference for thighhigh boots, personally. But boy do I hate wearing anything with heels. The only time I do that, is when I know I won't do much walking at all, for example, when I get driven somewhere where I sit mostly.

It’s funny how things even out: here in the forums there’s plenty of moaning that clothes are too revealing, and then in-world just as much moaning that they should reveal more.

Not that it matters, though; as the motto under the Second Life logo suggests, “your world, your imagination”.

2 hours ago, ElizavetaAlexandrova said:

and they know it will sell well because there is so many sexual interractions there.

Well certainly I am sure that part has some truth to it but that would be particular types of revealing clothing, rather than the more everyday revealing clothing from the mall type stores that are so popular. As for sexual predators though, sure there might be some in SL, same as anywhere else, but nobody can force you to do anything or physically harm you in SL. If someone does something wrong or even makes you feel uneasy, there are tools you can use to avoid further interactions with them. And of course you can report them if their behaviour breaches the TOS.

On ‎06‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 12:56 PM, Talligurl said:

Maybe if in RL I had the body I have in SL I would dress that way in RL to.

But probably not, I would worry about what the neighbor would think, that some guy might try to rape me, or just start stalking me and show up in my driveway, in SL I don't care about any of that.

Definitely this! I'm the same; and like to use SL style (and SL life in general I suppose!) as an opportunity to dress, and act in a different way to what I'm allowed to do in the real world. I like to go skimpy sometimes, and like nice frocks and skirts too. Variety is nice

My personal opinion is that the least worry one should have about their clothing choice is what others might think. They might think badly about you no matter what you wear after all. I feel that a person who doesn't respect me based on how I dress rather than how I act, is not worth to feel bad about. People can look away and move on if they somehow have the need to feel insulted by how others look. If they can't, and prefer to feel insulted, than I feel sorry for them, because oh boy, that smells like issues.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, ElizavetaAlexandrova said:

The clothing stores are encouraging people to have sex in SL by selling revealing clothes.

Designers make what people want, I do not believe they have any influence on people's behavior. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2018 at 3:38 PM, Tari Landar said:

I dress like a hamster sometimes, because it's fun....and this is sl, so I can be whatever and whoever I wanna be, without giving a donkey's left nut what anyone thinks of it :D

I imagine others dress how they wish because they too, don't give a donkey's left nut if others like it, or not :D

Now I know why I don't see many donkeys in SL.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.