All the Governors Horses and all the Lindens

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Seeing how most have a fastination with the mysterious lindens who sometimes are always around, while some are never to be found, below is a list of all lindens who i could find, nice and neat...unlike my house, but this can tell you who does what in the World Of Linden

Name Position First Seen Still Active?
Andrew Linden Developer Linden 06/04/2002 Yeah
Ben Linden Blogger, Content Creator ? No?
Blue Linden Teen Grid Community Manager 07/31/2004 ?
Bub Linden Web Developer 04/24/2004 yes
Chadrick Linden(aka Adam Linden) Abuse Reports Proccessing ? ?
Dee Linden Concierge ? ?
Eric Linden Content Creator ? ?
Ethan Linden Concierge ? ?
Governor Linden NPC God 09/01/2002 When Needed
Grumpity Linden Something 09/24/2014 Yes
Hamlet Linden(now Hamlet Au) Linden Labs Reporter 02/23/2006 No
Haney Linden Community Manager 10/03/2002 No
Harmony Linden Concierge 06/07/2006 Yes
Jeska Linden Linden Lab Community Development Team ? No
Karen Linden New Users Related? ? No
Kenny Linden Liaison  10/12/2005 No(Oh My God They Killed Kenny)
Lucy Linden Liaison 12/16/2005 No(Lucy, You 'plainin to do)
Magellan Linden Amelia Earhart of Second Life(heterocera continent) ? No
Nicole Linden Liaison ? ?
Patch Linden Senior Director of Product Operations(the pretty face) 09/24/2007 Yes
Phillip Linden El Presidente 03/14/2002 Yes, No
Oz Linden Something  05/13/2010 Yes
Pony Linden Rides ? Missing
Robin Linden Senior Vice President(?) ? ?
Teeple Linden Teen Grid Something 12/14/2005 ?
Tesla Linden Liasion 3/3/2005 No
Torley Lin....dang thats a lot of colors Resident Enlightenment Management(Buddha of SL?)  09/15/2004 Yes
Vektor Linden Quality Assurance ? ?
Wilder Linden Staffing? ? ?
Xenon Linden Content Creation 12/23/2002 yes

Edited by nolanperry123456
Added Grumpity
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

/me looks for patch, oz, grumpity, ebbe, tommy, dakota, any number of others non-dead ones.

They’re hold up in the Super Secret Bat Cave!  :ph34r:

Edited by AviNews
  • Haha 3

Now.. Shhhhhhhh!! You'll give way all the  secrets. Those are the ones that are out plannin' devious lil escapades for SL15B!

If not.. am certainly sure they're off working at playing SL somewhere else!!

2 hours ago, nolanperry123456 said:

Phillip Linden El Presidente 03/14/2002 Yes, No

Erm...

Philip Not-A-Linden-Anymore went off and sat around till the "go away" money ran out, then started up his own Vomit-Cam based system, "SL-2 Ain't No Lindens HERE!", aka Lo-Fidelity...

2 hours ago, nolanperry123456 said:

Seeing how most have a fastination with the mysterious lindens

Nope, never been facinated by them, generally their appearance in public is at best A) a pain in the butt, all the lick-a-linden fanbois crowding around some back office accounts department non entity because "Oh LOOK! A LINDEN!", or B) a premonition of some disaster about to happen, or C) that a disaster has already happened and the Linden is there to make a half-hearted attempt to clear up the mess...

And you are missing a bunch of them, Alexa, Caleb, Gus, Grumpity, Tommy, Dakota, Tommy, Jagix, Oz, Patch, Vir, Kristen, Kyle

42 minutes ago, AviNews said:

Now.. Shhhhhhhh!! You'll give way all the  secrets. Those are the ones that are out plannin' devious lil escapades for SL15B!

If not.. am certainly sure they're off working at playing SL somewhere else!!

And then there all the defunct Lindens like M and Katt.  In other words, The Regime.

It can never be forgotten that some of them walk amongst us on non-Linden avatars, always keeping their Clark Kent like powers a secret even from their husbands, wives, family, Masters, pets...

It's possible to even have a Linden as a friend and never realise it!

(well I don't, but I am sure some people have secret Linden friends)

OMG, we forgot an awesome Linden!

Soft :D 

• Like 1

I can helpt you with a few of those and also add some rather important ones:

Andrew Linden is not active anymore. He joined LL in 2002 as the last of "the original 12" and was CTO from 2007 until he left for High Fidelity in 2014.

Eric Linden joined in 2002 or early 2003 and is probably the most famous of the content Lindens - you can still see his works everywhere on the grid. He also made the first machinima in SL and I think he also designed the system avatar. He got stuck near the center of the fault around 2007 and has not been heard from since.

Dee Linden is still here. She's the one to talk to if you have problems with some mainland.

Magellan Linden is a fictional character. He used to have a blog where he told about his journeys discovering new continents. He's later been reused as an NPC in various games.

I don't know anything about Kenny Linden except he's the man behind what is possibly the most inaccurate prophecy a Linden has ever produced: "There's always another guy to buy the island." :P

Philip Linden founded Linden Lab in 2000 and was the CEO until ... about 2008 or 2009 I think. He returned when his successor didn't succeed and left for good in 2012.

Torley Linden is Torley Linden.

Xenon Linden was the first Content Linden and he's definitely not active anymore - he left many, many years ago. He made the Iris Temple and some really good bridges.

---

There must have been thousands of Lindens over the years (vwinsofmration.com lists 1206 but it's probably not complete) but a few of the more important ones:

Cory Linden joined LL as early as 2000 and was the CTO and main idea man until he was fired in 2007. He later became CTO of Facebook and it has been said - and not without reason - that he was the main power behind FB's success.

Avi Linden joined in 2002 and developed the prim system. He was also one of the creators of what was to become Google Maps, but that was not while he was working for LL. Last I heard about him, he was working for Amazon.

Ryan Linden was Philip's right hand man. He left to follow Phil onto new ventures.

Soft Linden is the patron Linden of all furries. He's in the Sansar team now but still has time to do a little bit of SL work every now and then.

Ebbe Linden is the boss of all things Linden Lab does these days.

Oz Linden is the sergeant major in charge of whipping a gang of wild developers into a lean and mean working team.

Dakota Linden helps people.

Tommy Linden is the forums own special Super Tommy.

Edited by ChinRey

And don't forget Guy Linden who deals with Mainland. I don't know when he started (and I'm not gonna look at his profile) but he's still doing it.

Then there was Jack Linden. Someone else can say something about him. He always seemed to be the bearer of bad news for us. He's no longer a Linden, of course.

Seanna Linden (or was it Seana?). She was a resident who worked for Yahoo!, and later became a Linden in charge of the search team. (Jack was the manager/overseer of the search team, as well as mainland). I think she wasn't a Linden for very long.

Edited by Phil Deakins

Wait Bub Linden is still in the company? Are you sure?

Also you can add Madori Linden -> Land Operations

Jed Linden is one of the founders too (not sure what he did but him, Philipp and Andrew have special avatar UUIDs)

Edited by Kyrah Abattoir

19 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Then there was Jack Linden. Someone else can say something about him. He always seemed to be the bearer of bad news for us.

I value my account too much.

But Jack cost me a lot of USD. So, I guess my feelings can be guessed.

We should also mention the first four Linden accounts created.

Name Joined
Phoenix Linden 1412-01-06
Doug Linden 2001-04-15
Ian Linden 2001-11-06
Iris Linden 2002-03-13

No. 5 was Philip. His account was created the day after Iris' but enough said about him already.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Klytyna said:

Philip Not-A-Linden-Anymore went off and sat around till the "go away" money ran out,

That's not quite right, he went on to start an Elance clone called "Coffee and Power". It wasn't exactly a spectacular success but let's be fair: he did actually try to do something.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Phil Deakins said:

It depends how times it comes back from the fires of death ;)

Probably once but it may not have needed any at all. The average phoenix lives for about 500 years before it is reborn. 606 years is a long time for a single life but it is not impossible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChinRey said:

We should also mention the first four Linden accounts created.

Name Joined
Phoenix Linden 1412-01-06

Who'd have thunk those monks locked away in the monestories of the Holy Roman Empire, illuminating manuscripts with hand made pigments would actually be writing the first lines of code for SL. Meticulously forming each bit and byte in Latin with equisite penmanship. Carefully drawing colourful pictures of prims and sculpties in the margins of each page.

Pity work stopped and those books were shelved so early on, because nobody expected the spanish... ok, that's just silly. Ignore me.

1 hour ago, Callum Meriman said:

Pity work stopped and those books were shelved so early on, because nobody expected the spanish... ok, that's just silly. Ignore me.

Don't forget  Roger Bacon building that prototype "scripted agent bot" talking head of his... ;) 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.