Latest Viewer 2 keeps crashing on every logout

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i have viewer 2.62, i quite often have difficultys in tp-ing, but  as for crashing on logging out, once or twice , yes but not usually. ( this is the 32 bit  windows version i am talking about), but i didnt know 2.63 has just been released, this might be the one you are talking about, as you didn't specify a version number.

Same experience here. I went from 1.23.5 to 2.4. The latter started to have major issues like micro stutter every other 3 or 4 seconds so i upgraded to 2.6. Logging out crashes....

Problem is 2.x is full with nasty bugs. AA isn't working properly, Anisotropic filtering has no effect, when i wanted to save my profile i couldn't and the screen clutter is dreadful to a point that i logged in lesser and lesser in the last months.

I also discovered many micro programs installed from twittter, myspace and facebook (which i never used), and also youtube. Are they from the web based profiles? Because when i tried it once in 2.6 i got several e-mails from social media sites. Weird. I had the programs removed. I don't know the source, but t is well know by now that micro programs are hidden in action buttons on web pages. Facebook does it for example. 

I hope that Linden Lab is not selling our data, really. It is common practice these days, but highly immoral.

Anyway 2.x so borked and awful to look at...

Therefore i reverted back to 1.23.5 yesterday and the whole experience is silky smooth, no stutter, bumps, and sim crossings are marvelous like unnoticed. Also fps is steady around 35 - 45 where it was wildly up-down between 6 and 65 in 2.x

Back being a happy 1.23.5 user again :smileyvery-happy:

Haven't had any problems with crash on exit in the Mac client, either in the 2.6.3 release or the last couple development builds I've tested.  I don't believe it's happening for all Windows (or Linux) users, it may be a problem specific to certain GPU's or configurations.

The JIRA is still the best place to report bugs, and when you do file, make sure to include key info like which GPU and which OS you're using, as well as the specific viewer version.  The easiest thing to do is to just copy the info from the Help -> About window.

Good luck, hopefully the bug can get caught and stopped dead in its tracks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.