LF DJ teacher

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I used to DJ way back in the day like 8 years ago but things have changed. I just downloaded virtual DJ and will buy a stream.. I just could use some help learning how to dj again. Also back then there was like youtube to mp3 converter or whatever I'd like help with learning how to access the music and stuff as well. Please <3

What kind of Djing did you do? 1210s and a mixer or are we talking radio DJ? Are you wanting to purchase any extra equipment (digi decks/serato setup) or just run with what you have? 
Do you have a second computer to do the DJ stuff with, or just the SL system?

Also, I can point you towards legitimate places to download music people have made, or where to buy it, but as DJs our job is to promote the music created by others. It's not a good first step to steal it. I'm trying not to be on my high horse here. I have ripped from youtube or soundcloud, but only when I couldn't find any legitimate way to purchase the tracks. 

What style of music do you play? What is your current library, work with that until you get your feet. It's not the size of the library, it's your knowledge of it that counts :) 

Other than that I can point you towards some really great online resources that'll get you started if that'll help?

I have another computer. And for now just run with what I have until I can afford other stuff. I used a program like SAM in thepast but yea. Umm mostly music like Fallout Boy, skillet, Godsmack, soil things like that ^_^

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.