Okay I give, I can't create clothes...

Wilhelmina Hinchcliffe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Generally I manage to get by substituting stubbornness for skill, talent, and training, but making clothing has consistently beaten me for years now and I think I'm running out of stubborn :)

I'm working on a project which will need a series of outfits to go with it, specifically latex catsuits.  I've spent yet another frustrating couple of weeks trying to create a non-craptacular shine layer for the various outfits and the results are...  Well they're not non-craptacular by any stretch of the imagination.

Is there anyone out there who I can pay to create a nice shine layer that I can apply on my own very simple catsuit designs? I don't need the actual catsuits, just the shine itself for both female and male avatars; head, top, and bottom.  I'd need the PSD - or better Gimp files necessary to recreate it and apply it to my work.

It needn't be Hugos or POC levels of detailing but something that I can use on a variety of colors.  I don't know whether I'll try to sell the finished project or not but I will be distributing the clothing so I'll need the shine layer to be licensed so that I can distribute it without restrictions.

Since I've always been too stubborn to give up on this in the past I have absolutely no idea how much something like this would cost, so if you're interested please let me know roughly what the final price would be so I'll have a better idea of whether I should give stubbornness another try :)

Thanks!

You don't need to pay for this.

Look here: http://mistressofdesign.wordpress.com/2008/10/07/rgb-theta-photoshop-plug-in-for-sl-fake-bake/ for a tutorial on how to create it, or at the bottom of the page, you can just take hers. They are sized at 512 but you can resize them if you need to.

Change the blending option on the layer. I use multiply for normal use but muck around with it. Some look very good for latex.

A wee bit of smoothing and bob's your uncle :)

If you want to do it yourself, I made videos of Claire's tutorial. You can find them here:

I should have caveated that I don't have Photoshop - though I can open existing files in Gimp, and that I'm a total dunce when it comes to graphics.  George Carlin had a joke "Somewhere in the world there's the the single worst doctor and someone has an appointment with him tomorrow", well substitue "graphical artist" for "doctor" and it's me :).

That said I'll definately take a look and see if the existing files will help out.  Thanks so much Eloise!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.