Help

o0oPrinCe0o

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all
I have a problem getting into the second life
I can not log in for several days
i used  FirestormOS-Releasex64
and Second Life Viewer
and Singularity
But the same problem
I have no problem with communication or anything else

The problem with this message
(( or the second life Grid ))

I hope to find help

34258839_380239482487639_3790768445033807872_n.jpg

34322667_380240922487495_1758183710596792320_n.jpg

There could be serverside issues. I tried to log in using the up to date LL viewer about 5 hours ago, but, after a period close to forever, I couldn't get in so I closed the viewer. Then I tried a not-up-to-date version of Firestorm. It took almost forever but I did get in. Then I tried logging an alt in with the LL viewer. I was in no hurry with that so I left it, and it eventually got in. On the first attempt with the LL viewer, I didn't get passed the inital 'Logging in' message. On the second attempt with that viewer, I got as far connecting to the region. But that's as far as it got. So the messages you got don't surprise me. The messages are generated at different stages of the login process, and my login attempts reached different stages, so I'm not surprised that you reached a different stage before coming to a halt.

Since then, the alt has logged out and in without a problem, except that ghosting has occured twice. Once, when the alt was still logged in, I could see her in 2 places. So it does look like there are either some serverside, or some transport, issues at the moment.

The problems I had logging in today don't seem to be viewer specific. Both the viewers I used suffered from it, and one is bang up to date, but the other is not.

Note: It tuned out to be a plus for me because, not wanting to risk not being able to get back in, I was pretty much forced to use the Firestorm viewer. I'm doing some scripting and I'd never realised how beneficial the Firestorm viewer is for that. A number of features are very useful but one in particular leapt right out at me, hitting me right between the eyes. In the last few days I'd been really wishing that LSL had a 'select case' type of construct, as it would have been much simpler a number of times. Lo and behold, there it is in Firestorm! Needless to say, after all these years, I'm now a convert to Firestorm.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

In the last few days I'd been really wishing that LSL had a 'select case' type of construct, as it would have been much simpler a number of times. Lo and behold, there it is in Firestorm!

Where in Firestorm? Surely LSL is a server-side language, compiled and executed on the server, independent of any viewer?

16 minutes ago, angeoco said:

Where in Firestorm? Surely LSL is a server-side language, compiled and executed on the server, independent of any viewer?

Rather than try and explain where it is in Firestorm, I'll post a link to the page that explains everything about Firestorm's preprocessor, which includes the 'select case' type of construct that I mentioned:- http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_preprocessor

As you said, LSL is a serverside language. What Phoenix's preprocessor does is allow you to use stuff like #include (chunks of script from your hard drive) and select case (called switch) in your script and it will preprocess it, turning it into proper LSL, before saving it to the server.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another thing that Firestorm does really well for scripting is making it very easy to save scripts, and versions of scripts, of course, to your hard drive. I'm using that all the time now.

ETA: and, incidentally, loading scripts from your hard drive into the script editor. It's good stuff!

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.